Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think they have finally realized what a huge market Haunted Mansion stuff has. It's been hard to find and extremely expensive in the past so this is pretty exciting IMO. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they have finally realized what a huge market Haunted Mansion stuff has. It's been hard to find and extremely expensive in the past so this is pretty exciting IMO. Thanks for the link!
My thoughts exactly! My hubby and I have been screaming for years that they need to tap this market. I'm saving now, I'm going to be in the poor house for a while after I buy almost everything :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pretty sure that I NEED that felt hat! Then I'll prob have to get the shoes and bag to go with it. Then everything else in the collection so nothing feels left out. Going to have to save my grooming tips for a while it looks like.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
I missed the last Dooney and Bourke bag, and now it's a fortune online. Thanks for posting this. I like the shoes, the hat and the pins on the hat. Need to look some more.

Squeal, the original bag is coming back. I'll be there in October.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I really like the bracelet, the Foolish Mortal shirt, and of course, the purse. There's no way in heck that I could afford the purse, though. I just refuse to spend that much on one, regardless of how much I love it. I'll just keep checking Goodwill for one, haha. (maybe in another 20 years, dontated by someone's kid who had no idea what it was, right?)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just read on the Disney blog that there will be a purse to match the shoes that isn't D&B, meaning it will be a lot cheaper! Now that I'm anxious to see. I actually like the fabric on the shoes better than the leather wallpaper. Those D&B bags on ebay are ridiculous!!! :mad:

·
Registered
536 Posts
As I understood the blog post, all of these items should be regular releases in Disneyland and WDW. However, there should be even more to come very soon. This year is the 45th anniversary of the HM in Disneyland. They have announced a merchandise event sometime in Fall, but haven't shown any of the images for what will be there yet except for a Vinylmation series that features the characters dressed as Maids and Butlers (No word on which characters yet except for Mickey and Minnie). If the HM 40th anniversary event Merchandise, and the "Room for One More" Event in WDW are any indicator, we are in for some awesome merchandise later on this year. The only downside to exclusive events is that, unless you are able to attend or have a friend in the area that you can send in your place, all of the merchandise is hard to get without going through sellers on Ebay. I would still love to have the HM griffon staircase bookends that were sold at the 40th, but I cannot/will not pay upwards of $1500 for them (sorry Ebay scalpers, I would rather go on a nice cruise for that much).

I'm so glad Disney has finally started making more decorations and home accessories featuring the classic attractions (If you look through the Disney Parks Blog for entries labeled "Marketplace Co-op" you should find some images for a store in the Downtown Disney area that sells their new home collections- Among other great stuff, there are Tiki Room plates, Attraction Poster glasses, and Salt and Pepper Shakers that look like the themed trash cans in each land of Magic Kingdom)

There are also a few HM items that have been out in stores at both places for a while. These include a gargoyle candle holder, and hour glass, a Madam Leota jewelry box, and tombstone coasters.

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
Pumpkin King, can you keep us posted if you hear or see anything. I really liked that original D&B bag. We will be there the last week in October, maybe your family and mine can meet up. I have already PM Bethany. I know it is over Halloween, and that might make it difficult for you guys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is the only event I've found so far. It's mainly autograph signing with the artists at Disneyland. I'm so sad the aren't doing a big park event for the 45th.

http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/haunted-mansion-45th-anniversary-product-release-signing/?instance_id=

Some nice artwork.
Miss Erie,

That article you found does have some of the new (and some re-released) collectibles listed further down. This is probably the event that everyone at Disney has been hinting at for so long. Here is a link to another article from a Vinylmation site that shows the image of the HM vinyl series that I mentioned and also one of the pins that should be at this event. The vinylmation figures are mystery boxed so you don't know which one you get until you open it. There are usually between 12 and 24 figures in a set. I figure this one will be more along the 12 figure lines as that has been how most of the new series have gone. If they don't come out at this event, then they will be released sometime later in the year.

·
Registered
330 Posts
GREAT CAESAR'S GHOST! Thank you for posting this... I'm going to be very, very poor. I'm losing my mind over here regarding the apron, the bookends, the wedding cake topper, the slippers, the dinnerware!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just an update on the HM Vinylmation series that I mentioned earlier. Vinylmationkingdom just released these pics of the whole series. Apparently this set will not just be available at the event; they will be available in Disney's D-Street shops in both Disneyland and Disney World. I had originally figured that these figures would be sold in a box/tray, but now the news is that the figures will be sold in a reveal/conceal 2-pack format with either the Mickey or Minnie Figures packaged (individually) in a clear bubble on top of the box, and one of the other 4 figures will be in the lower mystery box. Click on the link above to see the full story.

As my wife and I are at the parks fairly often, I will let you all know when I see some of the other HM merchandise begin to materialize (as well as prices).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Went to Disney's Hollywood Studios last night for fireworks, and got an update on HM merchandise available in the parks right now. Here is what they had in the Villains in Vogue shop on Sunset Boulevard:

DSCN8233.jpg
DSCN8234.jpg
DSCN8235.jpg
DSCN8236.jpg
DSCN8237.jpg
DSCN8238.jpg

They also had this same assortment in the Tower of Terror shop along with a set of ornaments of the singing busts from the graveyard. I would have gotten a picture of that as well, but my camera's batteries went out between the two shops. :(

It was pretty packed in the shop, so I didn't have a lot of time to look at prices. If anybody wants to know how much any of these things were, I'll be glad to find out next time I'm over there.

More to come as it arrives here at WDW.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Disney posted a short video on their blog showing some new merchandise (I didn't see it above but sorry if it's already been posted).

I took a screen capture of a t-shirt I quite liked. It's kinda got the feel of the old record/book art.

45th anniversary of HM tomorrow I think.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts