1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,569 Posts
Wow - nice job! Looks just like a historical marker. :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Fantastic sign! Nicely worded and it gives a perfect back story! Well done!
I can read it just fine.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I can read it just fine. Nice job. Looks great.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the text, for those I assume maybe looking from their phone. I'm glad everyone likes it!

BUILT IN 1941 BY THE NEMUROM FAMILY WHO HAD GARNERED
THEIR WEALTH FROM THE CHILDREN’S TOY INDUSTRY.

IN 2002 THE THIRD GENERATION JOHNATHON NEMUROM AND HIS WIFE MARGARET INHERITED THE MANOR. THEY WELCOMED TWINS INTO THE WORLD IN 2005, A SON JOHN JR., AND A DAUGHTER MARY.

ON OCTOBER 31, 2011 JOHN JR AND MARY, ACCOMPANIED BY THEIR NANNY, NEVER RETURNED FROM THEIR ANNUAL TRICK OR TREATING. THE NEMUROM FAMILY SEARCHED FOR THEM, OFFERING THE ESTATE AS REWARD FOR THEIR RETURN. EXACTLY ONE YEAR AFTER THEIR DISSAPPEARANCE, WITH NO HOPE FOR THEIR RETURN, MR. NEMUROM TOOK HIS OWN LIFE. MRS. NEMUROM, DISTRAUGHT FROM THE LOSSES, NEVER AGAIN LEFT THE HOUSE, AND OFTEN REFUSED VISITORS. SHE SPENT THE LAST TWO YEARS OF HER LIFE, WATCHING OUT THE WINDOW FOR THE RETURN OF HER TWO BELOVED CHILDREN. THE HOUSE HAS SINCE BEEN ABANDONED.

LOCAL LORE HAS IT THAT THE SPIRIT OF MR. NEMUROM CAN BE SEEN PACING THE FAMILY GRAVEYARD. OTHER REPORTS INSIST THE SAD FIGURE OF MRS. NEMURON CAN BE SEEN PEERING FROM HER WINDOW, THE SOUNDS OF HER QUIET SOBS LURING ONLOOKERS.

A SIGN OF CAUTION HAS BEEN ISSUED BY THE LOCAL AUTHORITES:
SINCE THE DESERTION OF THE MANOR, SOME CHILDREN THAT DARE TO TRICK OR TREAT THE ESTATE HAVE TOO MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHED, PRESUMABLY TO JOIN THE NEMURON CHILDREN IN THEIR UNKNOWN FATE. IT IS ALSO NOTED THAT REPORTS OF UNEXPLAINABLE SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCES INCREASE AROUND HALLOWEEN.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That looks nice. Are the letters actually dimensional, or are they painted?

I had a similar idea a few weeks ago. I was about to pat myself on the back for originality, and then I saw there was a thread in 2012 with the same basic idea

Short of having a sign maker do it from a digital file, I haven't figured out an easier way to actually accomplish it yet; cutting out letters from craft foam is very tedious and frequently looks terrible at the size I need them. Dremel in rigid foam wouldn't be much better. I need something close to 800 letters, so I haven't really had time. Dollar Tree has packs of foam letters but the font is too large and very child-oriented, and I'd need forty-ish packs to get enough of the more frequently used letters. You can get more letters on amazon, which might be a better way to go, but I don't know those are much better looking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts