Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving down the street and saw a new Halloween store for those of you in KC. Looks like it's a local family owned store open for the season doing their first year of trying to make a go of it.

It's not huge (Spirit sized) by any means, but it's nice layout. Very small but decent collection of costumes, and a small collection of decor items including some Bethany Lowe things, Beistle reproductions, etc. They seem to have a fairly good selection of makeup items as well, and supposedly free makeup lessons or even application! After stopping by, I tried to find out something about the store and found their facebook page about that which and I quote: "Twisted is Kansas City's only Halloween store to have professional makeup artists to train or apply makeup!" I had seen a sign laying on a larger table in the makeup section that said "Free makeup application". They even have some small real pumpkins for sale, different kinds / colors.

I don't know the owners, and am not trying to advertise for them, but wish them luck and thought I'd share with others. It's a nice little shop and I hope they make a go of it and return each year just so we have something different at least than Spirit & Halloween City. For those interested, it's just north of 95th Street on the East side of Metcalf.

Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/TwistedHalloween . The facebook page says they opened yesterday, but I heard one of the ladies on the phone and she was saying they'd had a steady stream of people for the last week, so maybe opened as they set up, I don't know. Just thought it was nice to see something new and not a chain!

For those into big props, I didn't see much that way. They had the 3 witches riding broomsticks I've seen in a catalog and some larger hanging witches, pose n stay skeleton (for way higher than Costco), etc., but no animated items if that's your thing.

I did laugh a bit at this.....
67033.jpg

It is Kansas after all. :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like a place to check out, thanks. Seeing this is a KC post, i was curious to know if anyone has gone to any of the area haunted houses: like The Beast or Gates of Hell? I'm hoping to be able to check one out this year, but just want to spend my money on the best one. Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts