Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy in Houston, TX here. Here's a little bit about myself. I am a 28 yr old male, U.S. Army vet, been to Iraq and all that fun stuff. Now I am a shop foreman and programmer in a machine shop that makes parts for the oilfield.

Anyways as far as Halloween goes. It has always been my favorite holiday as far back as I can remember. When my dad took me trick or treating, I always looked forward to going to the houses that people really did up. I imagined one day I would have a house and when I did, I wanted to be "that guy". Well I bought my first house a couple years ago and my first Halloween here I became that guy. Well last year came my second year and I added a lot to what I already had. I have only done it 2 years now and feel that I can't do anything else for Halloween but stay here as I can't let the neighborhood down. I have already told the neighbors that once I grow out of my yard I plan on moving into theirs as well =)

I have one other person in my neighborhood that I know of that goes all out as I do. I live in Winchester County sub division here in NW Houston. Anyone close by say hi.

I don't do the cute Halloween thing. If you come to my house it is pure horror. Last year the people across the street sat out and passed out candy so they could watch my house. I was told half of the people would not even walk up to my house because it was to scary. Well it's not going to get any better any time soon. I also make sure to scare the crap out of everyone that does make it to my door.

Here are a couple pictures and small movie clips of my house last year. I had a few props, a couple animatronic guys, a fog machine, and a lightning machine hooked up to a PA speaker. Aside from the thunder I also had my big tower stereo playing a great halloween CD I found last year. Most CD's seem corny but the one I found goes well with the horror theme and is kind of scary. Sorry for the long drawn out intro but felt I should put it all out there. Look forwad to metting everyone and can't wait to find more ideas to build upon what I already have. =)

EDIT: I can't post links in my first post.....I will post links to pics and video soon in another post.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome to the forum
sure don't like that scary avatar, but a lot on this forum will love it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow, great looking yard. My girlfriend usually makes me tone it down a bit, but you went all out. Great job, I love it !! :)

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Welcome you will like it here there are many here that do not do anything "cutsie" :eek: at all and are into scare, fright and some gore more then anything else! ;) lots and lot's of talent here as well ;)

BTW--nice introduction as well , great pics :D

Hope you find it comfy..... Muwhahahaha

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
well, even though i don't like gore, i got to say i thought your gore was very tastefully done. and i liked your intro, sounds like you are a pretty nice guy. we would have problems if we lived next door to each other however. it would be like who's yard is going to flow over into who's yard. lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thank everyone for the warm welcome. I plan on being able to post up even better video's and pics after this Halloween =)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,301 Posts
Howdy, neighbor!
Glad you found your way here! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts