Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Spooks and Ghouls!

I am new to the forum but have been around Halloween props and Haunted Houses since 2008. Currently in a little town north of Raleigh, NC but my love of Halloween started during college with me and some buddies opening up a haunted house until 2016 when the county fire marshal decided to shut us down for a family disagreement :eek:

Any who, I purchased my first home this year and actually got to set up my own yard display for the very first time...needless to say my neighbors aren't as thrilled as I am haha

Other than lighting I tend to build my own props as you'll see in my future posts.

Quick question for you all though...what is the best way to post pictures in this forum? I know most want to use the "img" links but wasn't sure about this one....any help?

Look forward to getting to know all of you!

-Tyler

·
The Ghost Host
597 Posts
Welcome!! I just recently moved from Greensboro, N.C. up to northern V.A. and most definitely miss it. Heads up with posting pictures because sometimes they'll come out sideways...I think it depends on the position the picture was taken originally. I think if taken vertically then they tend to rotate horizontally once posted. You can either upload them to an image hosting site with the correct rotation and direct link them or put them through some other sort of editing process prior to uploading from your computer or other device.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM , from England , i look forward to chatting with you soon , Happy Halloween , and yes i had the same probs with the photo rotation thing but no one minds that really , so post away .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far so good with the decorations... had to take down my tombstones last night because we had a tornado watch and didn't want them to go flying through the neighborhood haha

Other than that I'm gearing up for my party Sunday night and the trick or treaters!!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Welcome, neighbor! I am also from NC....just to the west of u in Charlotte.

I think we all have the same issues with photos being posted sideways....so I wouldn’t sweat it and just post them directly!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I too am in Youngsville! My brother-in-law and I do haunts (either together or separate) and love building our own props (we're both electrical engineers - although I'm retired). I'll need to look for your haunt this year!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too am in Youngsville! My brother-in-law and I do haunts (either together or separate) and love building our own props (we're both electrical engineers - although I'm retired). I'll need to look for your haunt this year!
I'm in the Olde Liberty subdivision...can't miss my house haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts