Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,613 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We went to the first showing on Thursday night. Out of the "big" movies we've gone to see, Godzilla had the fullest theatre and had the biggest crowd reactions. It has been received very well and they already announced a sequel. Good times for a "monster kid".

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went to the first showing on Thursday night. Out of the "big" movies we've gone to see, Godzilla had the fullest theatre and had the biggest crowd reactions. It has been received very well and they already announced a sequel. Good times for a "monster kid".
Godzilla took in $196 million worldwide amazing numbers its performing better than Spider-man 2

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I also loved it. The people in the theatre all clapped for Godzilla! I'm glad there will be a sequel, too bad Bryan Cranston won't be in it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I thought it was ponderous and after a promising start, really missed a great opportunity to be a fantastic movie. The director basically makes the wrong choice every time he's given one. Also, Godzilla is basically a guest start in his own movie. Finally, I'm tired of murky, dark CGI; I came to see Godzilla - turn the lights up so that we can.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I so badly wanted to see this! But, I got sick from whatever I ate beforehand. Apparently my stomach did not appreciate beer and shrimp with that nastyyyy seasoning. I was bummed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I liked it. a lot. Just a couple of my opinions. I would like to have seen more Godzilla in the film. Also, they should have used Godzilla's original theme music. I am surprised that they did not. Also, I will admit that I am not big on cgi, but it was extremely well done. For me, my favorite Godzilla look is the one from 1962 King Kong vs Godzilla. You just can't beat the dopey looking face and huge floppy feet.:D

Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
As a lifelong Godzilla fan, the new movie was everything I hoped it would be. It's not perfect, but I was thrilled and am eagerly awaiting the sequel, which may explore the Monster Island concept.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess we will have to wait to see what they do with the next Godzilla. This film was a gamble that paid off big time for the studio.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts