Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a short clip of my "Ticket Booth" that I will have near the entrance of my haunt this year. The ghoul will interact with guests using a wireless microphone. Inside the lower half of the booth is a 5.5" video screen connected to a video camera that is on the ghouls chest. This allows the operator to talk to guests. I still need to replace the hands, hide the camera by making it appear to be a pendant and place a small light above the ghould to light him up better. The inside of the booth will be decorated with webbing and spiders.............

YouTube - Homestead Haunt welcome booth

·
Registered
165 Posts
that is fantastic. The audio is nice and clear too. I hate automated things with audio that you have to walk away trying to figure out what it said.

Nice job, look faorward to seeing the finished product! please tape it interacting with guests this coming year and post it!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is my voice in the video. That was just a short little blurb I came up with for the purpose on the video. The ghoul also has a seperate input so I can hook it up to an mp3 player should I not feet like talking through it. The ghould use to be a Gemmy witch that is was able to pick up for $30 because it was missing several parts.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the conversion wa actually very easy. I removed the withches mask and my original intent was to cut off her witch features (nose, ears) and redo those. However, when I discovered the mask was silicone and not latex that made things a little more difficult. So, instead of redoing the witch mask, I replaced it with a lightweight mask I had on hand that would allow the mechanical parts to function easily. As far as the withes movements hips and stirring) those dont operate unless she is extended so I just lea e her collapsed and she remains stationary.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Wow, Homey, that Ticket-taker was awesome! I'd never seen the clip before.

We have done a "Psycho The Clown" stunt off and on for several years. I have a video in my Lap top's hard drive, I'll try and post that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
that is fantastic. The audio is nice and clear too. I hate automated things with audio that you have to walk away trying to figure out what it said.
that is because alot of people don't do one simple step.

take the tweeter out of the speaker, and put it exposed near to where the sound should be coming from...
That helps with keeping the high frequencies intact, and really helps in localizing the sound.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Kewl prop; Question why do you have to sit in there? why not use a wireless cam and a wireless mike setup?then you can be somewhere else and still do the same thing.on eBay and online you can find the cams and mikes for around 50-60 bucks. just type wireless cameras,and you can hook it up to your computer and be comfy.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The prop sort of evolved as it was being built. It was originally going to be a simple static op. But, as the build went on and part became available....this is what I ended up with. The nice thing is that anyone came "operate" the ticket booth with no instructions. With a computer, I can just see one of my kids droppping it! In a nutshell, simplicity!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts