Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks it has bee a long time coming, but come next week we start production on the our eye kit. Simple to assemble, easy to program, and works for both the Lindberg and Bucky skull - and works perfect with our new skull coming out shortly.

I will be sending out kits to a few of you for feedback.

Attached is a 3D model of the kit.

http://www.graveyardskulls.com/images/web_pics/eyekit.pdf

Kits should be available early March 2009.

For more information, please go here: Graveyardskulls - View topic - 2 axis eyes

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Been waiting to buy the full skull since you've posted the new projects you have been working on with the new eye kit. You da' man !!
& thank you for all your hard work & producing these for us ! ( a corpsed Bucky salute )

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I've been checking dayly to get some of your stuff! Is the plates going to be ready too to drop the servos into? I'm really axious to get some of the stuff so I can start building my first one. Since I have a slow learning curve I want all the time I can get! LOL

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The store will be up early March. I am building up inventory and plan to add several new products. I dont want to get in the situation as last time with big delays in filling and shipping orders. The cost for the eye kit is going to be around $50. But were looking at ways to reduce the cost.

Joel

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Very exciting, Joel.
This is the main reason I've put off making my third 3-axis skull (and holding off on making foam latex skins).
I can't quite figure out the mechanics from the picture, though. Will you have a video up in the near future?

PS- I don't suppose I'm eligible to receive one of those trial/feedback kits......;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to give this a try. Congrats on finishing the design. I'm sure I'll be doing at least one of these this year.

From the schematic, it looks like one of the eye servos goes where the jaw servo currrently sits in the old design. Am I seeing that right?

Also, will the eyes have LEDs? or can they accept them?

-dgm

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hi again,

Thanks for the heads up on the opening of the store. March works good for me. Where do you get the eyes? I want some that don't have lights. It seems like a lot of them light up the whole skull and just doesn't look right. Will the cost of the eye set up be on top of the kit with servos, board and base board? I'm thinking of buying a big kit so everything is included. I wouldn't know where to begin if I had to buy each piece seperately.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
What modifications need to be made to the Bucky or Linberg? I assume the eye sockets need to be drilled out? Looks great, BTW! Nice clean eye solution.

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
looks good, exited to see the full version as i've been holding off on my eye mod since you stated talking about a kit. not sure if the servo placement will give me any issues or not but I will be putting in a bigger jaw servo (425) (the micro was too noisy) so I could work around it. just a couple questions. is there any room for leds in the eyes? are they full back or half back?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will not be in Transworld this year, but do plan to have a booth next year with some pretty exciting products.

Yes, you will need to drill or remove some material from the back of the eye socket. We basically come in at an angle from the top and inside of the cavitiy to remove the material. Then its just a matter of slipping in the whole board.

Eyelids, we're toying with that now but wont have anything to show for a few months.

LED's in the eyes. Unfortunately, we remove a lot of material from the eye. If an LED was to be mounted, it would have to be mounted once the material is removed from the eye. We built two with LED's and it looked okay. I think we used to bright of an LED though.

Regarding the servo board, as long as your using our board, you will have no issues with space. You will need to move the jaw servo back about 1/2". On our new board, we have all of this modified.

To be honest, I thought this was going to be a pretty straight forward design project - it turned out to be a nightmare. Over 8 configurations were designed and built. This one came out to be the best!!!

Joel B

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see you are offering these for sale now with delivery in April. Any chance of seeing a video or pictures of the completed mechanism? Looking at the drawing, I can't really see how the vertical movement is achieved.

Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the update. I wanted to see it in action before I placed my order, but since you have 50 available, I don't know how quickly you'll run out. Do you plan on ramping up production during the summer/fall?

Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mid-May?! Ah, well, I can wait...:D
I'm really looking forward to the video!

Will the $50 include servos, or just the aparatus?
It's actually $66.50. Here's the link to the product page -2-axis eye kit
Description from the graveyardskulls site:
"The GYS Eye Kit; comes complete with eyes, brackets, servos, and linkage.
Will require new servo plate to work. For those that have purchased a kit before, we will offer the new servo plate for $10. You will need to disassemble and reassemble to new board. And will require to remove material from the skull; eye socket and inside the skull across the nose piece. We recommend you have a dremel tool to do this"

Mark

1 - 20 of 42 Posts