Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a carnival theme this tear and I wanted to have some interactive things for the kids. I made this for photo opportunities. I am also making a couple of games. I made a table for a ring toss where I am going to put severed fingers as the target, just need to find a bunch of fingers to use.

20140817_193421.jpg

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
I think you're off to a good start. Your drawing looks spot on. How will you finish it, ie paint? With so many kids having phones these days, I'm sure the photo skelly will be a big hit. Like the finger ring toss.

If you are looking for more ideas, there's a few carnival/circus threads I believe under the party section from when people did their set ups last year and so. It's a fun theme.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am planning on using some neon colored paint on it or glow in the dark paint. The wife suggested putting a top hat on it which I might do.

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Like your wife's top hat idea! Also your decision to go with a skeleton rather than a traditional clown for example. Might use your idea for our haunt when we do it. Don't know exactly how she thought of doing it but maybe you could notch the head portion of the board and fit a real top hat there for a more 3-D look. Since it's a carnival photo op, you could also make the skeleton hold a real helium filled balloon. I'm still working on putting together our carnival theme so will be looking forward to see what you do.

Keep in mind that camera phones don't take great pictures in low-light, and flash tends to white out a lot of detail.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the second one I did, still needs the hole cut for the head and some touch up paint but almost done.

20140825_212057.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts