Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished one boarded window. ten more to go! what do y'all think?:D
I'm going to make the others with a more jagged edge and not as straight.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Wow! they look very real! Nice work:)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
So are they all connected together with fishing line like blinds and then just kind of hanging down the window? I love the look of them!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So are they all connected together with fishing line like blinds and then just kind of hanging down the window? I love the look of them!
thank you, everyone!! :)
yes, they're connected like blinds, except I also wrapped the fishing line around the board a couple of times (on both sides) and keep it in place with duct tape on the back. the duct tape seemed to work pretty good, but i am going to secure it better somehow. also used two strands of fishing line. when i put it up in october i will find a way to keep it from blowing around since they are so light. probably will use more fishing line and a stake.
might put some fake nails in the next ones.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah, i used a wood burner tool for my grain. since i am a little heavy- handed, alot of my grain marks look like tadpoles. :)

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Those look great for foam! Can you post some detailed up close picks of the fishing line and how you're attaching it to the foam and the house.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those look great for foam! Can you post some detailed up close picks of the fishing line and how you're attaching it to the foam and the house.
thanks, again, everyone!
I'll be making more over the next couple of days. will post pics. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts