I built my first new prop for 2014. I used a garden angel statue. I painted it black and applied a verdigris finish. I built the base out of plywood, wood molding and foam and covered it with Drylock. It stands about 6 feet tall. Thanks for looking.
Thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate the feedback. I have a lot of the store bought tombstones mixed with some of my larger props (mausoleum, box tomb, grave slab, etc.) I am using these larger props to replace scores of the store bought tombstones. Trying the less is more approach. Also hoping the larger pieces make the remaining store bought tombstones become more filler.
Thank you all for the many kind comments. Deadview...I got the statue on sale at Amazon over a year ago. It is made of resin and is hollow. That being said it is still heavy and somewhat fragile. It is still available the listing is the following... English Tudor Garden Angel 41.5" High Statue (http://amzn.com/B002NTRXCE). It comes in a rust brown color. I painted it using a verdigris technique from this tutorial http://sylvestermouse.squidoo.com/paint-garden-figurines. It is actually pretty easy if you know how to do dry brushing. Dry bushing Is not hard either, just takes a little practice.