Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

In truly mad scientist fashion, I have labored away endlessly in my own lab sans assistance only to discover this wondrous thing....the internet! :) I am impressed with the depth of knowledge and experience to be found on this site and, having recently discovered some truly epic grave wraiths on Pinterest (since this is my first post, I can't post a link, but a quick google search for 'grave wraiths' will reveal what I'm seeing) , am looking for any insights on how these bad boys might have been made? The composition looks too asymmetrical to contain any kind of PVC...I am thinking chicken wire and foam/latex? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy haunting, David

·
Registered
503 Posts
Grave wraith technique

Found this - it may help you out. According to a Michiel Dillon who made this one:

grave wraith.jpg

"I used plastic tubing and PVC to make the form and give it ribs and arms. I then used Great Stuff foam to add a little mass and texture. Initially, I skinned it with panty hose and latex, but being that I am in Texas and it is really hot, it was melting and looked awful. So, I then used the corpsing technique where you wrap it in plastic drop cloths and use a heat gun to shrink it to the form. After that, I just spray painted it black, and dry brushed with white paint. The skull was a wig head I had carved and used the tines from plastic forks for the teeth. The video for the plastic corpsing technique is here http://www.youtube.com/watc..."

~ pocohauntgal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
psudavid91
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing