Halloween Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Has anybody tried to dye, paint, bleach, add feathers to, or otherwise cosmetically alter you squawkers yet? I saw one guy online hat had 4 and they were all different colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any more of these boards available by chance?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Just a quick FYI on the SQUAWKER TALKER. I have 5 of these remaining from the latest run at the original price from almost 4 years ago. The next run of these will be $5 more each. I've held the original price for as long as I could but unfortunately the components are costing me more now. If anybody wants one at the original price, get it quick! Thanks again to everyone for the great support! 🎃

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just a quick FYI on the SQUAWKER TALKER. I have 5 of these remaining from the latest run at the original price from almost 4 years ago. The next run of these will be $5 more each. I've held the original price for as long as I could but unfortunately the components are costing me more now. If anybody wants one at the original price, get it quick! Thanks again to everyone for the great support! 🎃
Totally recommend these and J-Mans a good seller and very helpful! Love my squawker!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
That is freakin' AWESOME! Hats off to you my friend, you knocked it outta the park! Thanks so much for posting this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Can you tell me the new way to get to the 6 wires without taking him apart? I bought one from you last year, my brother is supposed to be working on it, but if I can do it without having to take him apart, maybe I can get it done this century!!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Can you tell me the new way to get to the 6 wires without taking him apart? I bought one from you last year, my brother is supposed to be working on it, but if I can do it without having to take him apart, maybe I can get it done this century!!
It's all covered in the PDF documentation. If you purchased, you should have it.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Any plans to allow eye movement on the new boards?
No. Without going into a lengthy explanation, it would be too complex and costly. The eye blink shares the same motor with the beak via reversing the polarity so they can never operate simultaneously. That's why on the stock parrot, the eyes only blink when he's not talking.

161 - 174 of 174 Posts