Halloween Forum banner
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Has anybody tried to dye, paint, bleach, add feathers to, or otherwise cosmetically alter you squawkers yet? I saw one guy online hat had 4 and they were all different colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any more of these boards available by chance?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Just a quick FYI on the SQUAWKER TALKER. I have 5 of these remaining from the latest run at the original price from almost 4 years ago. The next run of these will be $5 more each. I've held the original price for as long as I could but unfortunately the components are costing me more now. If anybody wants one at the original price, get it quick! Thanks again to everyone for the great support! 🎃

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just a quick FYI on the SQUAWKER TALKER. I have 5 of these remaining from the latest run at the original price from almost 4 years ago. The next run of these will be $5 more each. I've held the original price for as long as I could but unfortunately the components are costing me more now. If anybody wants one at the original price, get it quick! Thanks again to everyone for the great support! 🎃
Totally recommend these and J-Mans a good seller and very helpful! Love my squawker!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
That is freakin' AWESOME! Hats off to you my friend, you knocked it outta the park! Thanks so much for posting this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Can you tell me the new way to get to the 6 wires without taking him apart? I bought one from you last year, my brother is supposed to be working on it, but if I can do it without having to take him apart, maybe I can get it done this century!!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Can you tell me the new way to get to the 6 wires without taking him apart? I bought one from you last year, my brother is supposed to be working on it, but if I can do it without having to take him apart, maybe I can get it done this century!!
It's all covered in the PDF documentation. If you purchased, you should have it.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Any plans to allow eye movement on the new boards?
No. Without going into a lengthy explanation, it would be too complex and costly. The eye blink shares the same motor with the beak via reversing the polarity so they can never operate simultaneously. That's why on the stock parrot, the eyes only blink when he's not talking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey J-man, I am having trouble with the board that I bought. Not sure if its my fault or there is something wrong with the board. Can I send it back to you to check? My brother has been trying to get it to work for 2 weeks. He said the body movements all work, but he doesnt talk and the beak doesnt move. Let me know, if you have time to take a look, thank you. I purchased it last year I believe, just havent had the time to do it.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Please email me so we can troubleshoot. It's usually something simple, I assure you it's not the board, I thoroughly test every one before it goes out. If you could, please take a clear picture of the board showing all the connections and include it in the email.
[email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
He's right! Those boards are the real thing.

So I just wanted to thank you for advice and for the excellence of the two beautifully crafted boards you sold and delivered so quickly. The gang here needs to know about the great deal of time you spent with my configuration (2 Squawker Talkers, 2 birds both "interacting"), and a problem that ended up being related to my iPhone 11 jack adaptor. Your instructions concerning getting inside the side of the bird without using a laparoscope or anaesthetist were superb. I would caution all to read all the instructions first before jumping in (like I did). Next time I may very carefully use a Dremel with a cutting disk but just the thickness of the body., now that I know where the wires are. A zip bit can also work. Curved snaps and a tissue probe are also helpful if you can get them, especially in carefully pulling the adaptors off the interior boards and then the caps off the adaptors.

I used Garageband for the 2 audio tracks, A good USB mic captures a voice nicely. Then, if you use the Telephone Vocal plugin, and consider the pitch change (about 3+), switching off the reverb, you will end up with something that equalized to sound more like a parrot, especially if you try to talk like one! I did use Audacity/Mixer Board to make absolutely certain hat there was no bleeding between tracks. Better visually than GB.

To test out the configuration for the pair, I narrated knock knock jokes, so there would be a back and forth. Then The Night Before Christmas with a grandma narrator and Bugs Bunny. (My wife was rolling her eyes at having to listen to the squawking over and over again). The editing is the tricky part, especially cutting out segments of a track alternating with the other, but you'll develop a rhythm. Just make sure that you have the channels panned hard right and left when you export as an MP3.

Halloween will be great next year, but I now have 4 birds, and will be developing scripts for Christmas, Easter, birthdays, family get-togethers and visits from grandkids (just retired recently).

I'm going to try a rapid-fire dialog: Who's On First. But I have to acquire a Jersey voice somehow. By the way, you can take a Youtube video and download only the MP3 using iSkysoft Video Downloader.

Thanks again for everything, and I'll check in later.

PS I bought one bird with the front claws broken off. Any body here fixed that, besides making a peg leg? I nave wire from a coat hanger and some Instamorph molding beads with colour packs. Really impressed with the way this stuff melts in hot water, rapidly molds into shape, then solidifies beautifully. A heat gun can be used with tools to sculpt portions to create details once the basic shape has hardened...

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Tonewheel1,
Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it! One thing I would disagree on though, I do not recommend using any type of power tool to cut the required opening, the wires needed are very close to that area. 🎃

161 - 180 of 201 Posts