Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Hi J-Man, Im looking to get this board for my bird, do you have any ready to go. Im ready whenever you are.
Let me know, so excited to do my first bird hack!!
hauntress of darkness

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK guys, here it is, the new All-in-One board for hacking Squawkers McCaw. Auto beak sync, random body movement, and built in 3W stereo amplifier with volume control for connecting directly to the internal speaker or a small external speaker.
It operates on a single 5V 2A power supply, no other power source is needed. The board requires a regulated 5V power source to operate, any voltage over 5.5V will damage the circuitry. Hence the reason each board will include the proper power supply. Target price is $65 plus shipping. I have a new method for getting at the required 6 wires inside of Squawkers without taking him apart, super easy! Here's a pic of the new board and a demo video. Board size is 2.8"x 2.1".

View attachment 399146
Hello J-Man, I was wondering if you had any more of these available.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 399146
Do you still sell these

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you still sell these
Yes he does. I just bought one a couple of months ago. The board is great and the directions are SUPER easy to follow. With just a bit of manipulation to a little bit of plastic this board can be, mounted in a small barrel and wired up in under an hour. It took longer to snip away the plastic than it did to connect the board and make the adjustments. Send email to [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's another update on my squawkers n capn hook progress for this years display. I have made the leap to triggering everything here via a prop1 from Efx-Tek. And if it weren't for the great support of J-Man here none of this would have been possible. This was made super simple with your help. Now I just need to do some more fine tuning but I can really see what I'm trying to do for this year start to come alive.
how did you sync the two animatronics together?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
how did you sync the two animatronics together?
Both props are controlled with my boards. The boards have left and right channel select jumpers so you simply create a stereo sound file with separate dialog on each channel and select the corresponding jumpers on each board. Easy Peasy.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts