Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Can anyone that has one of these point me to some background sounds for my squawker? I use some singing and deadman's tales for my gemmy skull and decided to add this parrot. Having a hard time finding anything that won't majorly interfere with the pirate. I'm way too computer illiterate to combine anything for back and forth chat. Would really appreciate help trying to locate something as I'm not having much luck and time is getting slim. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Can anyone that has one of these point me to some background sounds for my squawker? I use some singing and deadman's tales for my gemmy skull and decided to add this parrot. Having a hard time finding anything that won't majorly interfere with the pirate. I'm way too computer illiterate to combine anything for back and forth chat. Would really appreciate help trying to locate something as I'm not having much luck and time is getting slim. Thanks.
Hey Cloe,
It's really easy to create a custom stereo sound file for back and forth dialog using the Jemmy Talk and/or Squawker Talker. Have you seen the tut I posted awhile back for using Audacity for this?
You can view it here.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-and-step-by-step/146120-using-audacity-create-split-channel-stereo-sound-file.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any thoughts on how I can protect my all-in-one squawkers boards. Is there something, like a case, that I can enclose it in? What does everybody do?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
You can put the board in anything that conseals it from sight, I mounted my parrots to small rum barrels and a small treasure chest. The boards are inside of those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I guess I should have been more specific... I?m worried about it getting damaged or hit before I get it to it?s final destination. Haven?t been able to find a barrel (cheap). I saw where you put all your boards within a plastic container for your pneumatic guy your building J-Man that gave me the idea that I had better protect it. So, any plastic container will do? But something with airflow, right?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The plastic container you're referring to is simply because that prop will be outside. For indoor use, you really don't need that, just a way to hide the controller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm new here, but I will start the Squawker Project, too.
I'm living in germany and I hope, you will send one or two boards (I wait for the end of some ebay auctions) to germany.
Is this possible?

Maddin alais Mortimer Banks

S

·
0 Posts
Are these still available? I'm a complete Noob, but I want my Squawkers to talk like the parrots in the Enchanted Tiki Room. I'm interested in purchasing this.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The SQUAWKER TALKER has been (and continues to be) extremely popular and successful, thanks to everyone for your support! Let's see some more videos!

101 - 120 of 146 Posts