Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks,
Greetings from rainy uUk,.
Been a while since i posted or made anything but thought i would show my latest peice, a New 3d Skull sculpture on canvas.....
Canvas is 90cm by 90cm, and is a box canvas.
I recently bought a large wall skull approx 18'' length, 13'' and approx 12'' sticking depth from canvas....
I covered it in tinfoil give it a couple layers of masking tape, followed by about 8 layers paper mache..
Stuck it down in middle of canvas once removed from the skull.
I got scrunched up newspaper and wrapped with foil to shape and taped at various angles, and then pushed more foil in gams to give a wanted skull sort of pushing out of skull..
Gave it another coating of paper mache and then mixed a mixture of pva with cement type powder filler and some household paint and coated it for stone effect.
Teeth were made from hand made cold porcelain made in microwave (recipe on youtube)........
The teethe were actually lifelike and very sharp when made but i decided to coat with the mix...
Its not finnished yet another bottom set of teeth to be added..... and more lines grooves to go, but im pleased so far folks....
Sorry for the images being sideways just realised.....
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0603.jpg
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0619.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose you could do a full wall, ceiling, with some inspiration you could have many skulls hands faces feet weapons coming out of your wall and canvas.
Would be interesting also outdoors if weather sealed to a wall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts