Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I typically reframe from giving bad reviews, but this one I cannot let go.
I have had the original spider for 5 years now. It has taken a literal beating with a hammer, been thru several Tropical storms and a Hurricane.
I only decided to replace it, because the bolts stripped out and are stuck in three of the legs.
This new one has been set up for a total of 3 days. Yes, 3 days. The metal bracket attached to the abdomen has come off from the body and 4 of the legs have broken from the main body shaft. I took the rest of it down to use for parts and replaced it with old faithful.
The plastic is super brittle on the new one for some reason.
Very disappointed. After spending over $3000 a year for the last 5 years with Home Depot’s Halloween items, this is my first negative review.
I can only hope no one else has this experience.
Pic of old faithful last year:
Building Window Purple Decoration House

·
Registered
541 Posts
I typically reframe from giving bad reviews, but this one I cannot let go.
I have had the original spider for 5 years now. It has taken a literal beating with a hammer, been thru several Tropical storms and a Hurricane.
I only decided to replace it, because the bolts stripped out and are stuck in three of the legs.
This new one has been set up for a total of 3 days. Yes, 3 days. The metal bracket attached to the abdomen has come off from the body and 4 of the legs have broken from the main body shaft. I took the rest of it down to use for parts and replaced it with old faithful.
The plastic is super brittle on the new one for some reason.
Very disappointed. After spending over $3000 a year for the last 5 years with Home Depot’s Halloween items, this is my first negative review.
I can only hope no one else has this experience.
Pic of old faithful last year:
View attachment 752645
So sorry, that is incredibly disappointing. Maybe you can reach out to customer service to return for a refund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your spider. That being said, your house looks great! Always does! I hope they fix the spider problem.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, 100% agree that the quality of this year's spider is not super-high. I've spent many hours messing with the joints (sanding off burrs, removing motion-limiting pins, reinforcing the adhesive in the permanent sockets). Some of those wood screws in the joint plates are just going into thin-wall blow mold plastic and you can tell they aren't going to last very long. :( But it looks too good for me not to try and make it work. Especially after adding frosted gray faux fur to the joints like Oak Lane suggested: Static: - My Home Depot Gargantuan Spider Fixes and...

·
The Haunting Girl
1,011 Posts
Thank you for sharing this. I was considering splurging on one as my big purchase this year since I got my new job despite the ridiculous price tag. Now I know it's just not worth it. Very sad to hear but not surprising given how things have been lately.

·
Registered
199 Posts
On the plus side, Seasonal Visions finally got back to me two months after I emailed them about broken/missing parts. They are sending out replacements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts