Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Gemmy will be selling "gobo" (Go Between) swirling ghost, witch, and spider Lightshow Projection units. Will be interested in seeing video demos. Here are the links:

11.8 in. Chasing White Ghosts Projection
LightShow
Model # 59460
Internet # 205832478
Store SKU # 1001261467
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-11-8-in-Chasing-White-Ghosts-Projection-59460/205832478

White Whirl-A-Motion Spiders Projection
LightShow
Model # 59459
Internet # 205832495
Store SKU # 1001261469
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-White-Whirl-A-Motion-Spiders-Projection-59459/205832495

11.81 in. Green Whirl-A-Motion Witch with Cat Projection
LightShow
Model # 59678
Internet # 205832509
Store SKU # 1001261470
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-11-81-in-Green-Whirl-A-Motion-Witch-with-Cat-Projection-59678/205832509

And for the Other Holiday:

LightShow
Model # 36629
Internet # 205928811
Store SKU # 1001300450
Chat Offline
Merry Christmas RGBW Projection
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-Merry-Christmas-RGBW-Projection-36629/205928811

All such lights:
http://www.homedepot.com/s/lightshow%20projection?NCNI-5

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be really interested to see the ghost one in action. I always wanted to make the "rising ghosts" effect like they have in the haunted mansion with a projector and disco ball but could never quite get it together. This might be a great alternative.

·
Look behind you
1,316 Posts
These Have potential, depends on how Large the images are and how good the projection distance is. I could use the ghosts in a window for some cool effects.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oo yesssss!! The last link went to 0 results and I tried using the info posted above it to search with no luck--> Merry Christmas RGBW one.

In my search for that I found another one I will be trying dang hard to get if it comes in stock-(purple fire n ice) -> http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-10-in-Fire-and-Ice-PPO-Spot-Light-58453/205832481
Hi Kittyvibe,

Just type the following into the Home Depot search box: gemmy lightshow projection
and most of the items should show up.

Great find on the purple F&I!!!

Posting model # info here in case anyone needs it to see if anyone else is selling it:
(purple one)
Model # 58453
Internet # 205832481
Store SKU # 1001261463
10 in. Fire and Ice PPO Spot Light

Only downside to all this--the impact on my wallet. :) Will have to pick and choose. I've yet to inventory all of the gemmy spots, F&Is, and projection lightshow units I purchased last year. Not to mention some other cool stuff I got on Christmas clearance that I don't believe I've posted yet. Been wanting to set-up arrays of the different colored Lightshow Projection units in my backyard to see how spooky I can get it to look, e.g. which color or colors are most effective. But it's been raining all weekend.

@Penumbra and @Rustie, yep, we'll have to Wait and See until either a HF forum member, or someone else out there on the web, gets some units to test and post videos for. @Rustie, I too am interested in a rising ghost effect.

I bought one of these disco ball units from Home Depot for a snowflake effect last Christmas. Was not cheap at $90, but had an adjustable speed. Would be a neat test to shine one of the new Gemmy ghost light projection units into the disco ball and see how it looks:

Light Projector Realistic Snowfall Light with LED Spot Lamp
Model # CHI2482LDX
Internet/Catalog SKU# 203622828

You can search on eBay for terms like: Chelsea Light Flurries--I think that's the manufacturer. But if you buy one, make 100% certain you're getting the actual disco ball with motor in an enclosure; since some of the listings look deceiving and are just selling lights "compatible" for shining into the disco ball. Hell, anything's compatible... shine into it what you like for the effect you desire.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Great find, Mike! I just now saw this thread.
I like the ghost projection one. It would even look cool using it inside in an upstairs room, with passersby seeing the ghosts thru the window projected on the wall.
I see it says they are sold out online. Or does that just mean they haven't been for sale yet?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great find, Mike! I just now saw this thread.
I like the ghost projection one. It would even look cool using it inside in an upstairs room, with passersby seeing the ghosts thru the window projected on the wall.
I see it says they are sold out online. Or does that just mean they haven't been for sale yet?
Thanks Dave! I think it's just a teaser of sorts. New item they're listing that simply isn't for sale yet. I inquired at a local Home Depot and they said don't expect stock until at least August. But that wasn't a store manager; just a regular associate.

Gemmy Corp itself doesn't even list these units; so it's just a lucky Sneak Preview find, I think. :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oo yesssss!! The last link went to 0 results and I tried using the info posted above it to search with no luck--> Merry Christmas RGBW one.

In my search for that I found another one I will be trying dang hard to get if it comes in stock-(purple fire n ice) -> http://www.homedepot.com/p/LightShow-10-in-Fire-and-Ice-PPO-Spot-Light-58453/205832481
Looks like this one won't be exclusive to Home Depot:
http://www.holidayprojectors.com/LED_Purple_Fire_and_Ice_Light_Strobing_Spotlight_p/spotlight-58453.htm

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picture links for your convenience

[Edit: Sorry, embedded pictures rather than the links themselves]

Witch model:
8a2e2efa-eb18-4215-83bf-56c77b2629cc_400.jpg

Ghost model:
66b47020-c5f3-4764-9580-11943d00e72e_300.jpg

Purple Fire & Ice:
5472ca12-c2ae-4ed9-bd10-6dd398f21556_300.jpg

Spiders model:
c64e8fa1-fac9-461d-9f08-9cf7959a0983_300.jpg

The Christmas projection one has disappeared.

However, it looks like our old friend the true fire Fire & Ice spot model #56777 may be sold by Home Depot this year:

0831c951-a489-4d2e-bd8d-757051559a52_300.jpg

LightShow Model # 56777 Internet # 205832727 Store SKU # 1001261464
10 in. Spot Light Fire and Ice (RRY)

Which, no pun intended, at $20 each, should mean more competitive pricing all around vs. Spirit Halloween--unless Spirit surprises us with some exclusives. A Spirit Halloween 20% off coupon would get you to $21 (assuming a $25 list price--was it $25 last Halloween or $30?); close, but if you can pick one up at Home Depot without a coupon...

·
Ghouls Rule
2,613 Posts
I knew I wasnt going crazy on the xmas projection, when I looked before, nothing came up with any of the numbers you posted, so I guess its gone for now.

I forgot to say that Im interested most in the ghost projection, and the purple fire n ice.

After testing all the ones I bought last year, I would say maybe 1-4 didnt work right or at all. So definitely test run them for at least 3 mins to make sure they light up AND rotate. 3 mins was all it took to be sure it went good or bad if its wasnt bad immediately.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Kittyvibe. I second your suggestion to test immediately! Recently, I unboxed two of the red swirling Projection Lightshow units. One worked fine. The other only rotated and there was an intermittent problem with the LEDs going on and off. With the experience I received wiring up surplus traffic signals, I just pulled the whole cord out from the inside where--sure enough--there was exposed wire. At one point I plugged it back in and it blew a circuit. Crossed-wires. So I used a wire stripper, lots of duct tape, and now am good to go. Really proud of myself on the repair.

It's odd--I nearly always test purchases like these. But I'd gone on a purchasing binge for these lights--must have been during the Home Depot (?) incandescent light trade-in sale. So I slipped...

I knew I wasnt going crazy on the xmas projection, when I looked before, nothing came up with any of the numbers you posted, so I guess its gone for now.

I forgot to say that Im interested most in the ghost projection, and the purple fire n ice.

After testing all the ones I bought last year, I would say maybe 1-4 didnt work right or at all. So definitely test run them for at least 3 mins to make sure they light up AND rotate. 3 mins was all it took to be sure it went good or bad if its wasnt bad immediately.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Someone at HomeDepot.com must have made a boo-boo

Glad I was able to grab photos of these units. Every single link now seems to be broken. Evidently, someone must have released the listings for these new products too early. Even Gemmy's corporate web site doesn't list them... If anyone sees these units of any other web sites, please post.

Since Home Depot's already let the proverbial (witch's) cat out of the bag, Gemmy may as well come clean and start listing its new Projection Lightshow / Fire & Ice products for 2015. No longer a mystery... yet I'd like to see if there are more variations. As well as who's carrying what. Perhaps it's an issue of Buyers at major retailers having not yet decided what they will carry / who, if anyone, will have an Exclusive on certain models.

Can any one who's worked in the retail industry, having experience with Buyers, etc, comment on the general process? Has me really intrigued now.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I'm not seeing this come up on any of the links or the gemmy search

1 - 20 of 145 Posts