Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. well last year we did our mad science lab guy with other various props to go with it. This year we decided we liked it so much we would just add to it by making one part of the house a great big mad lab type theme. We added two props this is one of them. everything has been made by my wife and I. The table is all core foam and various coating to keep it strong over the years. then we airbrushed most of the details

Frankenstein himself if a casting of my body done with chicken wire and casting material. the LOTs of clay to add the mass to the upper body. the face is also done with das Clay and sculpted by my wife. the core of the head is a standar foam head from the party store.

all we really have left to do is all the lighting and they "dirty" it up a bit. out of the back will come fog every 10 min along with a soft moaning that we recorded. the lighting is attached to a lighting effect machine to give a nive spooky flicker. I am very curious about what you guys will think This is only our second year making things like this so we have ALOT to learn. any and all opinions are welcome and appriciated. here are a few pics of where we are so far

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
WOW looking way cool , you have such talent to have built this from scratch , awsome job on everything ...the mad lab theme is quite adictive isnt it ? i never tought i would like it last year when i started making props for it but i just cant seem to stop adding ....

would love to see all the other lab props and complete lab decor :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW looking way cool , you have such talent to have built this from scratch , awsome job on everything ...the mad lab theme is quite adictive isnt it ? i never tought i would like it last year when i started making props for it but i just cant seem to stop adding ....

would love to see all the other lab props and complete lab decor :)
thanks. this is the prop we build last year. clearly we did not build the man in this video but everything else we made to go with him and i think really added to the look. see below link

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, absolutely fabulous! My 2009 theme, I think is going to be a lab, I will be checking out you pics for inspiration, kudos to your wifes sculpting skills, very talented!!
thanks. much appriciated. now if i could only get her to realize how good she is. she almost never likes her own work but i guess thats the norm for most artist

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to all.

does anyone happen to have any ideas that may make him better? not that i'm looking for another project but i cant help but think everythign can be better if i just had an idea.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Great job on Frankie on the lab! I really don't have anything to add as far as making Frankie better. Your wife's work is really brilliant. You should try contacting Lauriebeast - she is our resident sculptress extraordinaire. Check out her album if you haven't already. She has a knack for realism that is uncanny. Your stuff is really wonderful!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts