Halloween Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Only 1 episode in & I am just BESIDE MYSELF with the 80s nostalgia!! The mall, the cars, the clothing, the makeup...goodtimes...goodtimes.

Now, granted I wouldn't go back to that particular time unless I could retain all the knowledge I've gained since then, it wasn't THAT good, but still, it's fun just to see a bustling mall again & all the classic logos on things.
I wouldn't mind a return to more colorful clothing. I loved the dress El was wearing. I will admit that I actually loved a lot of the 80s fashion 😶

·
E Pluribus Bitum
880 Posts
I finally watched ST, all three seasons, recently. I can't believe I waited this long. It's so good. And omgs did they do the 80s well. I was a teen in 83-89. I grew up in a town a lot like Hawkins here in Southern California, just a little bigger but very rural; it became a city by vote when I was 10. They really got the feel of the 80s right. It was like watching something from the past- even though most of it wasn't my 80s per se, I remember it from the outside. I loved the group of punk/alternative kids who were the runaways, they reminded me of my friends- except we weren't off taking revenge or living in abandoned places. lol ...well not all of us. :p

As far as the story goes, I only found a little disappointment when S3 started, I felt as if the show lost its way for a few eps while trying to get somewhere. It depended more on gross-outs than it had previously, and less on stellar writing. But. It found its way, absolutely. I was watching at my desk in regular lighting, with activity around me, and it STILL got me with a couple jump-scare type scenes. :D Cannot wait for season 4.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My daughter got me into it (she's dressing as season 3 Eleven for Halloween) I thought of transforming my spider hallway into the entrance of the upside down for this year but didn't think I'd have time.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts