Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread for any Halloween movies and shows that are on Netflix this year.

Considering how non intuitive the Netflix search engine is (I searched Halloween and it suggested "Mean Girls", "Daddy Day Care" and "Barbie, Life in the Dreamhouse" among others) I thought is would be fun to list our favourites that are available at the moment.

NBC is on, I might have to re-watch that one again this year

The Addams Family, I have been watching the original series on DVD with my son, may have to introduce him to the 90's movie

Has anyone watched "The Worst Witch"? it looks cute,

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,099 Posts
The Worst Witch is a horrible show...

...but I watched every single episode because it was so cheesy I loved it.
It's a good kids show. I could only make it through about half of the first episode but what I did see was cute.

I also second, third, fourth, fifth & sixth Stranger Things. That show was perfection. I hope it stays that way.

There's also a British show called "In the Flesh" that was good. It's about after the zombies rising up, finding a cure for it, & how they deal with all of them afterwards. I think there was only 2 seasons of it & I'm not sure if it's still available or not on Netflix, but I suggest finding it somewhere, it was really good. I may have seen it on the BBC America now that I think of it. Either way, find it & watch.

I'll also add "The Santa Clarita Diet." That is a Netflix original with Drew Barrymore who wakes up dead one day & has a taste for flesh. It's not a typical zombie show. She's not a Romero or even Walking Dead zombie, but she's a flesh eater nonetheless & Timothy Olyphant is great as her husband. It's practically a relationship dramedy/horror where the wife happens to like to eat live flesh:D. And now is the time to watch because there's only one season.

"The Returned (French version)" is another "back from the dead" show but they are definitely not zombies. There's an American version too but I haven't seen that one. These previously deceased folks come back just as they were on the day they died & it obviously causes havoc. They don't drink blood, eat brains or anything like that but they're pretty obviously changed in some way. Great show.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to watch "The Worst Witch" with my 7 year old, always looking for something that we can watch together,

I loved "The Santa Clarita Diet", I hope they make more seasons

I'm going to have to check out "Stranger Things"

I recommend "iZombie"; Crime solving zombie coroner

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Ugh, I agree about the Netflix search. Unless you know what you want by title you can forget about it.
Nightmare Before Christmas is there and I'll most likely watch it another 50 times between now and Halloween. I love it for background while working on projects. There's also Coraline and Corpse Bride. Sleepy Hollow is another favorite. Sweeney Todd is there, if you can stand some really bad operatic singing. Practical Magic and The Craft for some witchy goodness. There are the RL Stine series, Goosebumps and The Haunting Hour for the "young at heart" set.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are more on my list, I'll just have to check it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Worst Witch was a favorite of mine as a kid, I still add "Anything Can Happen on Halloween" by Tim Curry to all my Halloween playlists!

I'm super excited about Stranger Things, having the new season premier in October was such a good idea.

There's a couple good Asian horror films on Netflix. I recently watched Train to Busan and liked it. There was also The Wailing which I found deeply disturbing and it took me quite awhile to get over.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tales of Halloween- Corny but better than nothing
RL Stine's Monsterville- a movie that my kids enjoyed and some of the scenery is good.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,099 Posts
Sweeney Todd is there, if you can stand some really bad operatic singing.
Skip the Johnny Depp version & go right to the Angela Lansbury/George Hearn live musical version. It's called "Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" & right now it's DVD only but it's much better than Depp's version.

It's a mouthful to sing & they both handle it much better than anyone else. Just set aside 2 hours & 20 mins because that's the running time. But it's worth it.

I saw it at a local theatre last year & it was amazing. I loved hearing the old ladies scream in horror at the fake blood Sweeney was spilling.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,099 Posts
Almost forgot, "Little Shop of Horrors" (musical remake). I don't think the original is on Netflix.

And "Black Mirror." It's a British anthology show, sorta like The Twilight Zone, only the monsters are technology & not creepy dolls or demons.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Almost forgot, "Little Shop of Horrors" (musical remake). I don't think the original is on Netflix.

And "Black Mirror." It's a British anthology show, sorta like The Twilight Zone, only the monsters are technology & not creepy dolls or demons.
I'm going to have to search for "Little Shop of Horrors" it's been on my wanting to watch list for years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love TV shows. There's Halloween episodes of The Office, Friends, House of Mouse (Mickey Mouse), Pretty Little Liars has some great ones, Glee, Frasier, Buffy, Parks and Rec, HIMYM, Freaks and Geeks, The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story!!!, etc. There's a lot that I love to watch!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I really enjoyed the Netflix Worst Witch series.... So cute!

And like most everyone else, I'm rabid for the new season of Stranger Things. My husband and I are currently rewatching the first season RIGHT NOW.

Several Tim Burton movies are on Netflix right now, including Corpse Bride (I think), Sleepy Hollow, Nightmare Before Christmas... I think a couple of others.

The Addams Family and Addams Family Values are on, too.

There's always Supernatural, if you're willing to fall down THAT rabbit hole...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I didn't know Worst Witch was a show, thought it was just a movie, which was cute. I have only one episode left in my Stranger Things re watch. I'm going to wait and watch season 2 on Halloween. Hopefully no one at work will be spoilers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The lists are going to be different depending on which country you are from. I'll probably be rewatching Buffy, but I understand that's no longer on the US Netflix.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts