Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Have you heard about this site... Nerdblock.com?

It's basically a mystery box of nerdy/gamer type stuff that you subscribe to each month. It's not a one time thing so just pay attention to that. It's a subscription to a mystery box each month. In it is always a t-shirt (you pick the size when you register) and some toys and stuff. This is the first month that they are introducing a horror-based version and I'm WAAAAAAY on the fence about it. I have never signed up for one but looking at the youtube videos, it looks like it could be fun. The regular one isn't exactly up my alley but the horror one TOTALLY is. It's not that I think it's DEFINITELY worth $20/mo but just that it might be worth $20 of fun each month. I wondered if anyone had signed up for it or received one of them before and had positive or negative experiences.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should say, I"m not advertising for this site in any way...I am just curious if anyone has ordered from there and if they're happy with it. Since it's the first month of HorrorBlock, I would imagine no one has done that yet.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I have never heard of either, although they both could have potential. If I had the extra money each month, I would consider taking a chance on the horror one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Been getting the normal nerdbox since Sept. This month does start the new horror theme, which I added to my account. The last email I received stated they will be throwing in the newest issue of one of horror magazine. If you go with the reg box this month is a Dr who item and two shirts.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh awesome!! So you do you like the regular nerd block? It seems cool. I don't watch Dr. Who so I am not interested in the regular NB but I am DEFINITELY interested in the horror themed one. I just would love to know what the shirt is first. hah hah. It's killing me to not know!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh awesome!! So you do you like the regular nerd block? It seems cool. I don't watch Dr. Who so I am not interested in the regular NB but I am DEFINITELY interested in the horror themed one. I just would love to know what the shirt is first. hah hah. It's killing me to not know!!
So far each on the shirts the have come from the standard box has been good. One of the best was a day of the dead starwars shirt.

Not knowing the shirt is just part of the fun. Usually the boxes get here a week after shipping. Typically they ship on 15th each month.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I think I'm convinced to try it. I think I might just go ahead and sign up. I am out of the country for a little while so by the time I get to open the boxes, I'll have two waiting for me. That might be kind of fun.

Also, the magazine is a Rue Morgue magazine, so that's nice too. I have always wondered about Rue Morgue magazine and heard good things about it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:what:
extremely interested ... but i'd appreciate it if those that have subscribed to their horrorblock service chime in on what they've gotten ... is it worth the $20?

amk
This month is the first horror theme box. As soon as I get it I will update with what I got.

The cost for the normal box has been hit or miss for sure. However the shirt has always been my favorite part of the box.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a bit hit or miss too, honestly. The thing I'm kinda on the fence about it is that shipping to me is going to be $9.50 they said. So that makes it $30 instead of $20 and makes it pretty expensive, ya know? I think they are located in Canada, which is why the shipping is so expensive.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is June nerdblock. Should get the other in next week or two. Yes that is my face, maybe I should add that one too the members pictures section lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1403360041420.jpg

Attachments

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree AnnaMary...tons of good shows and no time at all.

About the horror block, I haven't decided if I'm going to check out what you guys post about what's in the box. I won't be able to get mine until August 10th or so because I'm out of the country. So I kinda want to be surprised BUT it would be nice to know if it's worthwhile to order the next one. So if I completely ignore this thread after a couple of days from now...you'll know that I'm hiding and don't want to see the photos! hah hah.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree AnnaMary...tons of good shows and no time at all.

About the horror block, I haven't decided if I'm going to check out what you guys post about what's in the box. I won't be able to get mine until August 10th or so because I'm out of the country. So I kinda want to be surprised BUT it would be nice to know if it's worthwhile to order the next one. So if I completely ignore this thread after a couple of days from now...you'll know that I'm hiding and don't want to see the photos! hah hah.
I understand it being tough. Just remember that if you look it will give you even more excitement to open yours.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is the first box. Yes really impressive to me. Let's start with box. Sweet design zombie guy with a brain platter then a Freddy shirt, magazine, gel stickers pop figure and more.

uploadfromtaptalk1404342960588.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts