Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
The house behind us does have their Halloween decorations out! I saw it when I went to get my stuff at Walgreens. :D

It's started!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm so jealous of you who have neighbors who decorate. We are the only ones who decorate for blocks around us. :(

I'm enjoying reading this thread and seeing the photos. I WANT that huge jack-o-lantern blow mold! I wonder which size that is. I've got my eye on a few on ebay.

SpookyOwl, did you make your witch? She's great!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
There are a few homes within a couple blocks of us that have some stuff out. Nothing on our street, but I believe that's because they are waiting for US to start! We are THAT house and people temnd to let us take the lead. i'll put out the fence and columns the first weekend of October and add a couple things each week. We have 4 new families on our street so i'm looking forward to their reactions!

·
Registered
259 Posts
We have 4 new families on our street so i'm looking forward to their reactions!
Same here except it's 3 new families, one directly across the street.
I wonder how they'll react when the look out and see a graveyard and a giant spider...LoL!

Reactions: jdubbya

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I installed some solar lights (as in "powered by the sun") a set of three shine on my tower, another set of three bigger lights shine on the cupola and another set identical to the second set mentioned here shine on the big, boney dinosaur bird hanging from the side of Ravens Grin Inn.
These two bigger lights sets work great so far. Sucking up power during the day, then only turning on when they should (sensitve?) They blaze brightly from dusk to at least 12 midnight, all on auto-pilot!
I did extra work installing them by encasing the tiny little wires inside of pvc electrical conduit to help them more survive wind, snow, ice and critters like raccoon and squirrely guys.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
I spent the afternoon weathering my new headstones. I nearly caused an accident due to rubber necking. I wasn't excited for Halloween but now I'm getting the bug.

I don't start putting things out till the 1st week of October. A little goes out each week thereafter along with the daily repairs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
This morning's update the people at the entry of the street have their stuff out now too :D

·
Halloween Elitist
2,891 Posts
We should go around putting a flyer on peoples doors whose houses are decorated, the flyer would read thank you for being into the Halloween spirit and please join our Halloween Forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We enjoy seeing homes decorate for Halloween. Its depressing to go down streets with no decorations at all not even fall décor. The thing is when we see a yard that goes all out or our kids text us pics of houses nearby we feel the need to up the ante and add more to our own haunt. LOL

F

·
0 Posts
I have stuff, and a few neighbors. Outside of my subdivision, there is a house completely decked out.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
this year... thr neighbor across from is sick and has been in and out of the hospital so she has few items going out this year, which I can understand her trying to get better. The next door only has a couple of corn stalks up and fall harvest flag. That is all. Now that I think abiut it, they didnt grow pumpkins this years!

·
Registered
211 Posts
neighbours

Out of 6 streets, say about 120+ houses, three have pumpkins out. There's NOTHING around here.

But Tomorow our cemetery fence, quick replacement columns (gazebo corners) and mausoleum go out front. So maybe others will follow shortly.

But it is depressing seeing people on street putting Christmas lights on eaves this past week, but no Halloween

·
Registered
46 Posts
I started putting my Halloween decorations up outside on Monday, right at the same time that my across the street neighbor decided to start putting out her decorations. I got a laugh and a cheerful "Ah, neighborhood competition!" from her.

Glad to see others getting into the spirit. But if it's a competition, I think I'm winning. ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Took the trash out today and ran some errands. Lots of houses are now decorated! They all put stuff out this weekend, its very cool :)

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Took the trash out today and ran some errands. Lots of houses are now decorated! They all put stuff out this weekend, its very cool :)
After we finished our outdoor decorating on Saturday (all except for final touches on Halloween) we drove around to see if there was anyone else decorating. So far we found just a handful of houses decorated. I'm so tempted to pull up stakes here and found a town that celebrates Halloween!

Reactions: sookie

·
Registered
167 Posts
My city is conducting their first ever Halloween Yard Haunt competition. I just met with the Parks person whom is traveling around town taking photos. As I have surmised there are only a few homes in our city that is competing. I've only seen a handful of homes that put out an effort while a few others have the standard pumpkin or two. Luckily I have teenage daughters to help spread the word of how much work we put into our cemetery. As in years past, the crowds will journey to my house just to see the cemetery, but the rest of the street is dark. I am but a horrific island waiting to be discovered.

·
Registered
897 Posts
There are only a couple of houses in town that decorate outside, at least that I know of anyway and they only decorate on Halloween day. I had to go out of town on the weekend to do some shopping and visit my cousin's son at college and I was pleasantly surprised to see several houses on the same street as the college had decorated thier yards. There were at least 1/2 dozen houses on the street that had tombstones, inflatables, blow molds, and a skeleton riding a lawn mower. First time I have gone into the residential area during October, or any holiday for that matter, when on a out of town shopping trip. The town is only 1 1/2 hrs away but we are from a small town with only a neighborhood grocery store, liquor store and couple of gas stations so if we want to go to Walmart or Canadian Tire etc that is where we have to go. It was so nice to see people decorating with the spirit of Halloween. I wish more people would do it in my home town.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts