Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First one in the neighborhood! I really can't put stuff out this early because of sprinklers and grass growing too high (on orders from the warden)

Anyone else seeing yards being decorated?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think... I think the people across the street have lights out. It looks like Halloween lights, but I haven't been over there at night yet.

All I do know is that house is now lit up around its trees and doorway since Friday so something is going on lol

My mom said the people down the road behind us have things put out haven't seen it yet.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I came home from the mall with my children to find my wife had put out some fall decorations and a black feather wreath with bloodshot eyeballs on the front door instead of her automn leaf wreath. This is a step in the right direction.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I went out for a little bit this afternoon, and found that one house about a block behind us has homemade painted wooden tombstones in the yard! They had a few other small wood decorations, too. I haven't met them yet, but they were sitting outside when I drove past. They saw me looking at the decorations and waved. I had to wonder though: did they think I was gawking because "it's too early!", or did they think that I was excited to see someone else with the spirit? Hopefully the latter. I waved back and smiled. :)

I have a small Happy Halloween banner-flag thing out in my yard that I picked up at 99 Cents Only eons ago, and the Jack o'lantern solar light that's been up since early in the month. That's it so far. I do plan on putting a few things on the porch this week. I think I'll make a wreath for the door. although with the storm door, it won't be quite as eye-catching.

Bats and spiders on the porch will probably be the first things to go out, unless I trust my blow molds out there. I haven't decided about that yet. I kept my Christmas ones inside last year, and had them lit next to the tree.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Actually thought to pay attention on ride to/ home from church which my wife went cross country through many neighborhoods, and didn't see anything.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
A few people have started in my area, but I haven't seen anything on my street yet. I've put out a few things and I plan on adding more and more up to Halloween. My co-workers have kept in the loop with who is decorating around town though. I find it really funny that I don't have to go looking anymore, people just tell me. I never even asked them if they have seen anything, they just started doing it on their own.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've decorated my front yard and started working on the back yard. A couple of bicyclers were riding by the other day and said "wow Halloween already spooky"

·
Registered
526 Posts
We have started (inside and out.) Slow going and a lot still to do... But we have so many projects in the works (with this being our first year) that we have to start putting finished things up in order to have room to finish rest!!!
No one else has started around here... So one poor neighbor woman about breaks her neck looking at our place when she walks her dogs. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haven't seen any in my neighborhood.
Sadly can't start this early otherwise people will walk off with my decorations again. :c

·
Registered
56 Posts
Put my fence and columns up today, brought everything up from the basement, and figured out my layout......
We moved into a new home recently, so its back to the drawing board for me. Man, I forgot how much time and effort goes into this.
At least all of my new neighbors seem excited to see whats going to go down.... I know some of them were secretly questioning me installing security cameras on the front of our house a week ago. I dont like to be judgemental, but Ive seen a few questionable young people walking through our subdivision. I have entirely too much money tied up to not protect my investment. Im thinking from the neighbors response though, I have more than one set of eyes looking out for me here, wich is usually the case when I set up shop.
Hopefully by the end of the week, Ill have it all done and lit...

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
One guy down the street just put out his Halloween inflatables, finally hiding the dead spots in his yard. Why are those spot dead you ask? Because the dude puts out inflatables for every holiday from Halloween to Easter. Seven out of 12 months of the year, those dead spots are hidden by blow up lawn decorations.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
new dog.jpg DSC03128 (Small).jpg Saturday my husband, daughter (Lil Ghouliette) and her husband put up the fencing. My husband bought more fencing panels from Lowes so now I have to find my bag of finials and get some cvc pipe painted and ready to put up the new fencing.

Earlier I put up a poseable skeleton with the skeleton dog Lil G. bought me and I have a start on my fireplace although I think the fireplace is still missing something, maybe above the skull candleholder.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts