Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's for a picture I'd like to take. Does anyone know where I can get some lumber? I know Home Depot or Lowes is ideal, but I am worried they will only have 2x4's whereas I need like a medium sized rectangle made of lumber. To give a more clear example, picture a wooden table. Something along those lines, only shorter. Anyone know where I can get that and I don't shop reguarly at Home Depot or Lowes so does anyone who does know if they sell the type of lumber I need?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I know Lowe's sells wood and plywood sheets in sizes of 2' X 2' or 4' X 4' and bigger.
Also long boards of different kinds of wood as wide as 12 inches.
Home Depot probably has the same thing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Home Depot or Lowes would probably be your best bet! Most specialty lumber places sell wood by the board foot, so you by like a 12 foot plank (or whatever) and you have to cut it and glue pieces together to make the size you need. Cabinets, shelves and table tops on high end furniture are usually pieced together if you look really close you can see the difference in the grain.

I've bought 4X8 sheets of plywood and used that to make various projects, but I will use the remainder to make some signs.. My Ouija board is made of 1/2 plywood and while it may not be technically a sign with a different outside shape it would be the same premise! The only bad thing about ply wood is it is pieces of wood that have been pressed together so the edges are not clean! You can see all the layers and whatnot.. So you can get away with that by painting it a dark color, or leave it be like I usually do.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I would think all lumber stores would carry plywood sheets in addition to framing lumber. HomeDepot and Lowes usually have equipment there that they can do a few cuts for you too. I think the first cut might be free but could be wrong. Ask someone in that department if you are in need of that kind of service...and be sure to have your measurements with you for what you need it to be cut to before hand. BTW the free cut and additional cuts are a great service out there for people who don't own saws and want to do simple projects like this. I bought my first jig saw last year and before that took advantage of their on-site cutting service.

Beavervw that is an awesome board there!

·
Registered
58 Posts
In our area, St. Louis, at Home Depot you get the first 2 cuts free and it's $0.25 each cut after that. They usually have a good selection of plywood and 1 x's and 2 x's.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Home Depot sells panels of boards all glued up like a table top only smaller, they're not that expensive either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts