Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I need your help. I really want to get my hand son some cheezecloth (black, grey, white) but I can't seem to find them anywhere. If someone was willing to send me some, I would pay for it all. Oh! I'd love to get those Dollar Tree crows you guys have.....and a those small foam skull on a string.

Would anyone be willing to help me out. Please lemme know! :eek:

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I will send you some skeletons and crows! And since you mentioned the cheeseclothe in those colors, do you actually mean, creepy clothe? Cuz I got mine in black and gray, at Dollar Tree :) Just pm me your addy, and I'll hook ya up!

I too want some cheeseclothe and am not sure where to look?? Anyone know??

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Also, JoAnne's fabric has it. At this time of year, they have it in colors in bolts. But, also ask them at the counter because they have boxes of it that is in an isle that makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Walmart has cheesecloth in their fabric aisle either in bolts for the heavier kind or the prepackaged thin stuff which is cheaper and typically more used in halloween stuff. Any fabric shop will have the cheesecloth and you can always pick up some RIT fabric coloring and dye it any color you want. HTH!

·
Registered
41 Posts
if all else fails: get white cheesecloth, an old bucket and a bottle of RIT dye (about $3) at your local craft store and make whatever color you want. The DIY route is very economical if you need cheesecloth in larger quantities than the stuff already pre-packaged at dollar stores. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Another fabric that is relatively cheap and good effect is tulle. it comes in a variery of colors. I have dark green which I have draped on my bannisters, and it looks pretty good, it rips up good too for that torn look.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Always use cheesecloth from fabric stores and dye and distress myself. Word of caution, though. To get real black you have to dye it navy or brown first, then dye black in container with very little water to get black enough. You still might end up with a gray color, but it is a really cool gray and smells like death in a graveyard as a bonus!

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for all the ideas guys! I live in a really small town so I don't have many option down here. I'll see if I can get lucky at fabric stores (there is only one) and other places.

I'll let ya know if I find something! :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just wanted to say that you can order it from Oriental Trading company. They have it in a 8 yard package and its great stuff. Very nice price also. Here is the link.

4 yards
Deluxe Creepy Cloth

I ordered the supersize just below on the link for 14.99! It really is nice stuff for the price and really goes a longs way. I have a whole wall one up with it and it looks totally awesome!
8 yards
Supersize Gray Creepy Cloth

I liked the first one so much I ordered a second one and it works for a little of everything. Its a black/gray color and there is a lot of it.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still a good bargain at fabric stores. Joann's has it for 75 cents a yard. With the coupon that comes to less than 40 cents a yard. You don't need much dye -- the cloth compresses very small when wet. I like the streaks and drops that form when dying but I can see why you would get the stuff at Oriental Trading. I did by some at Goodwill for a $1 for 3 yards of intense black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts