Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been lurking here for the past week or so, and am amazed with all the creativity floating around!

This will be my very first (adult) halloween party, and I'm struggling coming up with names for food. I've found many ideas here, but I'm trying to give each food a specific person's name, as if they were people that paid a visit to our "haunted house" but never returned. For example, the one's I have so far are:

Meathead - Meathead Mike
Stuffed Cherry Tomatos - Petey's Pimples
Colorful Pasta Salad - Isabella's Innards
Cocktail Weenies in BBQ Sauce - Bobby's Bone Marrow Bits

I'm still looking for names for:

Meatballs
Veggie Tray w/ Eyeball Radishes
Cheese & Crackers Tray
Bread & Dip (planning on hallowing out loaf and placing dip inside)
Chips & Pico de Gallo

I still haven't come up with desserts yet, so all suggestions are welcome here too! Thanks in advance!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
I'm still looking for names for:

Meatballs
Veggie Tray w/ Eyeball Radishes
Cheese & Crackers Tray
Bread & Dip (planning on hallowing out loaf and placing dip inside)
Chips & Pico de Gallo

I've done Goblin Brains for meatballs, but not sure how to incorporate "brains" with a person's name. What about something like Ground-up Gregory Meatballs... the only other body part that lends itself to a meatball.... is a bit risqué. ;)

Cheese & Crackers: Cathy's Headcheese & Crackers? Katie's Cracked Up Cheeses?

Veggie Tray - total blank as far as associating it with a person's name and body parts. Veggies look like veggies.:eek:

Bread and dip: Barney's Brainpan Dip?

Chips and salsa: drawing another blank. :eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your wonderful suggetions!

If it helps, we have a GREAT gang with a great sense of humor. The funnier, more risque', the better. I'm not afraid of going waaay out there.

After my initial post, I was thinking, I should've said that it's all about fun here. With that being said, go wild! I think I'm at the point of overthinking everything. Again, your suggestions are sooooo appreciated...the more outlandish the better in this case...

BTW...DH (who was initally against all of this shananigans) has now added deviled eggs and chicken nugget platters from Chick-fil-a...

I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions. You guys ROCK!!!

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
What about Paul's Balls for the meatballs. Or just say they are rocky mountain oysters.l

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
For the two left:

Pedros scab leavings - chips and pico (old joke about a young boy telling his older brother that he found a box of potato chips in the basement and the brother replying "That is grandma's cancer scabs"!)

Peter Graves compost - veggie tray

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,279 Posts
Thank you both for your wonderful suggetions!

If it helps, we have a GREAT gang with a great sense of humor. The funnier, more risque', the better. I'm not afraid of going waaay out there.
Cool, but we have to keep it PG for posting on the forum. ;)

With the deviled eggs, if you do a sliced olive (black or green) on top of each and even add a small sliver of red pepper for a eyebrow, you could have something like Eggbert's Eerie Eyeballs or the like.

I always just call mine "bedeviled eggs" and make them a tiny bit spicy.

Chicken nuggets - "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken Nuggets" maybe? (It would be really cool if you could find a small bowl in the shape of a ghost to put some dipping sauce in and center that with the nuggets surrounding it)

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Meatballs - Corroded eyeballs.
Veggie Tray w/ Eyeball Radishes -
Cheese & Crackers Tray -
Bread & Dip (planning on hallowing out loaf and placing dip inside) - pureed brains
Chips & Pico de Gallo - skin flakes and bloody fingertips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts