Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 year old black lab started to get a little stressed last Friday when I was setting up for my party, as usual this means that she didn't eat her food. The party was on Saturday night and she still hadn't eaten and still seemed a little stressed. Sunday she began throwing up and was lethargic. She pepped up by Tuesday but was still throwing up. I took her to the vet today and they couldn't find anything wrong with her blood work, so tomorrow she goes back for exploratory surgery to see if she ate something that is lodged in her stomach. I had some of those foam bones scattered in the backyard for the party and some of them are quite small, its the only thing I can think of (besides a bottle cap, which would be worse), and I didn't serve any food with bones. Here's hoping for a Halloween miracle that she is ok.

·
Registered
302 Posts
That is too bad, and I hope your pup is ok. I know you must feel awful. I hate it when my pets are sick.

If she did ingest something, there is always a chance she will pass it. Our dog ate string one Thanksgiving, and had bloody stools, but passed the string and was ok.

The Vet was sure he would have to go in and get the string. My other dog likes water bottle caps. She chews them when she can find them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts