Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a blacklight hippie room and I need some more ideas for it.

So far I have a neon painted white sheet to go over the futon couch in there. I have a really really good looking alien prop that I'm going to sit in there with maybe and afro on or a tie-died shirt or something. I was going to do a bloody peace sign on the wall. I was going to put the blacklight spider web around in there.

Originally I wanted to do a Charlie Manson themed room but I didn't think anyone would really get that that was what it was.

Any suggestions...

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Heres some ideas:
1. Beaded door curtains
2. bubble lamps
3. pillows on the floor
4. Posters or take a flat white sheet, cut into squares and tie dye and hang on the walls
5. Lots of black lights
6. Home made posters of psychedelic colors. Use white poster board, and florescent paints and go wild - spook this up to keep that Halloween edge
7. If you have any old lp's or check the trift stores for old lp's then lay them out, or make your own album covers. Use play on words and create your own bands and song titles that lean Halloween
8. scarfs, beaded necklaces, arm bands etc.
Now for the fake drugs scene, if you want to go that far....
9. cigarette papers, loose tobacco for that maryjane look
10. small mirror and some baking soda and a razor blade
11. take some tubing, and ornate jar and create a mock bong
12. sandwich bags (the kind with the flap) - put some tobacco in these as well as the baking soda.

(funny story about baking soda...My ex and I were out of town at a convention and one of our friends got heartburn real bad from all the rich food. My ex always carries a box of baking soda as he uses it for heart burn. So he put some in a baggy and left it on the floor outside his friends hotel room. Well...need less to say..the friend was visited by the local police because someone reported it as drugs. Once they saw it was baking soda the cops got a laugh over it.....My ex stop giving out baking soda after that.)

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Oh, more ideas:
furniture:
1. Milk crates as tables and storage
2. cinder blocks and a board for shelfs/tables
Another idea:
3. You can actually get turntables now days...that would be real cool if you can get a hold of some actual LP's from the period and play them!

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
For wall decor you can get those fuzzy blacklight posters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts