Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good place to pick up nice, inexpensive foam skulls? Or an easy way to make some?

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was exactly what I was looking for Deathly. Thanks so much. Now I just have to track down a nice blowmold skull. Mine are pretty lame.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
I love building props myself, but have found that buying cheap styrofoam skulls at Wal-mart is still less expensive than anything I can mold. They were $3 last year. The quality and even colors vary from store to store. Walgreens had a slightly better quality skull for $3.99 that went on sale 3/$10. I also love Great Stuff expanding foam, but it really is ultra messy and keeping the tube from clogging after filling your mold is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those skulls are not styrofoam they are a much denser/heavier foam that is flexible. I bought two of those last year at the Midwest Haunters show. The quality was not very good on mine, one had pock marks one was smooth and there were areas that were thin where the foam did not fill the mold. When i got back home I found that they charged me more than the on-line price. They made decent latex mask molds after I covered them with silicone.

Dr Kreepy's idea is easy and really cheap. I bought one cheap plastic skull and a can of foam insulation ($3.99 at Walmart) and made 6 decent skulls.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Those skulls are not styrofoam they are a much denser/heavier foam that is flexible. I bought two of those last year at the Midwest Haunters show. The quality was not very good on mine, one had pock marks one was smooth and there were areas that were thin where the foam did not fill the mold. When i got back home I found that they charged me more than the on-line price. They made decent latex mask molds after I covered them with silicone.

Dr Kreepy's idea is easy and really cheap. I bought one cheap plastic skull and a can of foam insulation ($3.99 at Walmart) and made 6 decent skulls.

One can of foam makes 6 skulls?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts