Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kids love the trains but I'm struggling to doll them up better for Halloween.

Fog is out because of the temps unfortunately
Here's what they looked like:

Ideas for this year:

#1 paint the wood black. It was originally painted white when I had the trains in the house but the Warden (aka the wife) has won that battle so they stay out for Halloween and possibly Christmas if I'm good :)

#2 Models around the track in the front

I've purchased the following to put at the two front corners of the track closest to the main sidewalk:

Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,113 Posts
If you don't want to paint the trains a completely different color you could use paper cut outs or stickers on them. Where the names are on the pieces you could cut out a piece of orange card stock (or something similar) in the same shape then with a different, more Halloweeny name, & cover up the "Novacek & Bros"or "Pennsylvania."

You could do the same for Christmas only use red & green paper instead.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was on eBay and came across Halloween-themed trains. Search for "Lionel peanuts train." I have no idea if these would fit your tracks but even if they don't, you could try breaking off the tops of them and adding them to some spare bases that do fit on your setup.

"Halloween train" also brings up more models. Some are pricier than others, though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
To go along with the zombie figures theme, and depending on how much time you have to work on it, you could put a smaller table in the center of the tracks. If you stack some small boxes, or rounded chunks of foam like the stuff used for couch cushions for a base you could have a large hill. You could then cover that with some kind of turf-like model stuff ( I have no idea what you call that stuff); then add some scale model trees, headstones and those zombie figures. The result would be a scene of newly risen zombies rushing the train. The advantage to this is that you can replace the headstones and other stuff with a layer of cotton batting ( snow), pine/christmas trees, seasonably suitable buildings and PRESTO! you have a Christmas Village!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts