Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i found this forum while searching for party ideas and i have found so much useful info, especially the fog chiller!! but back on topic :)

for my party, i wanted to put all black lights in my ceiling(i currently have 2- two bulb 48" fluorescent tube fixtures. The size is 48" T12 bulbs.

My questions are:

- I have seen black light bulbs that dont have the purplish coating on them. Does this have the same effect as the colored bulbs(aka blacklight blue?)

- With 4 of these 48" T12 blacklight bulbs in the basement(approx. 35' x 35' room size), will this provide enough bright light to see?

- If the above is enough to see, would my low laying fog also be seen?

- If the two above are true, how would pictures come out?

Sorry for all the questions, i have been reading the forum all night but didnt really come across these issues.

Thanks in advance!

-Randy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes the 48' black lights will be enough to see. It'll be dark but, brightly lit in the areas of the black light. But, there maybe people that are sensitive to that type of lighting. Pictures will come out but will look very purple like. A flash on the regular setting will totally take away from the look. If you have a "night setting" on the camera, it'll help min. the flash.

I have seen black light bulbs that dont have the purplish coating on them. Does this have the same effect as the colored bulbs(aka blacklight blue?)
I'm not familiar with that type of bulb.

Avoid using incandescent black light party bulbs, they get hot & don't give off much black light. The exception is the cfl black light bulb, these are very bright!

Hope that helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts