Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Maybe have a row of tomb stones set up behind one another, use a "Head" for a bowling ball and when the first tomb stone gets hit a domino action begins and the stones all fall down as they collide with one another in series, all stones set solidly grounded with hinges.
If you happened to use real stones walnuts could be smashed between themas they fall.
I think all of this could make quite a different kind of sounds as it happened .

·
Mistress of Mayhem
560 Posts
How many dummies do you have that you'd like to set up?

I'd say in a cemetery, you could have:
-a groundskeeper/grave digger guy, zombies or vampires coming up out of the graves or trying to escape the graveyard
-grievers who appear to be weeping in front of the graves
-a set up where one person appears to be in a grave and pulling somebody else toward that grave by the leg, that sort of thing.
-One dummy standing above a fresh grave with his foot on the head of somebody who appears to be trying to get out of the grave.
-Somebody standing in the shadows holding wilted flowers.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'll post more if I think of anything else. :) Good luck! And don't forget to let us know what you come up with!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,648 Posts
Cemetery=zombies!

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
Bodies coming out of the ground, bodies in coffins going into the ground (or not!). Sometimes a mourner at the grave site can be a nice touch. If you have a tree you can use, have a flying winged reaper/displaced soul hovering above a grave. If you make a mausoleum you can have a flying crank ghost (if you can't do the flying part even one hanging and illuminated would still look nice). Don't forget all the other critters that might be in the cemetary...like bats, spiders, cats, etc.

Jdubbya, you always have a terrific cemetary. I love how you used the finials on a few of the monuments.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
well, you could always have a bunch of dummies smokin pot in the cemetery, that's what happened in the one by my house when I was growing up.....so I hear.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Lots of good ideas here. I agree zombies are a must in a cemetery, as well as a reaper. (The zombie Christmas present will be a new addition to my cemetery this year). I also add little vignettes to the overall scene. I have a small skeleton, climbing the cemetery fence, a zombie dog by his grave, and a werewolf howling at a cat, as the rats run away. There are owls and ravens in the tree too.

Stage Performance Performance art Drama Performing arts Green Light Fictional character Plant Fictional character Canidae Geological phenomenon Christmas tree Tree Costume Zombie Art Lighting Tree Plant World Park

·
Defender of Blucky Honor
1,051 Posts
What I found, and I think it is true, is too make them something they can relate too. A person from a popular TV show, generic family memebers (like uncle XXX, or aunt XXX). Although the obsure is cool. It is after all obsure and only a very few will "get it".

·
I am the one who knocks
1,939 Posts
I am putting on my 4th year halloween setup. Our "theme" is kind of a cementary. So what would be some good ideas for dummies?

Someone on this forum needs to write a Haunting for Dummies book. I'd write it, but I'm one of the Dummies:eek:

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,671 Posts
Usually, I'M the only dummy in my cemetery :rolleyes:

This last season was the 1st time we added fog to our cemetery.......wow, did it make a difference in the spookieness!
I agree. Fog, especially ground fog, makes a cemetery 10 times creepier. A good fog chiller makes the fog stay low to the ground.

I haven't done this myself, but I saw it on this forum, and it looks pretty cool:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/105063-breathing-grave-how.html

Looks like it's easy to do and really adds a lot to a static cemetery scene.

I also like this project:

http://www.greatlakesfrightfest.com/Floating%20Lantern/index.html

This project looks complicated, but this tutorial has detailed explainations for all the steps, and once you get past the math, it's not that difficult.

One other consideration is proper lighting. Even the best cemetery can be a bust if the lighting is wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts