Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am making a scarecrow mask based off if this one

and well I need some help coming up with the rest if the outfit. The mask is as far as i am going to the original scarecrow the outfit i need to be different from the batman's scarecrow. I will be wearing this and being very still on the lawn so I need to cover myself as much as i can, any and all ideas will help

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the mask is not my problem, the outfit is my problem lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ha:)...you're making the mask right? If yes, how about a how to on how its made...if you would like. As for the costume I wouldn't know...torn pieces of burlap, plad shirt, torn jeans, maybe some cheap fake vines or plants that you can glue on. If you are trying to blend in I would buy a couple hay bales and cornstalks to use where you are going to hide or whatever. Also you can trick people by making a cross out of 2/4's or whatever wood you have and stand in front of it. Wrap some rope around both of your arms so it looks as if you're tied to the cross, but really the rope is just on your arms,........then jump and scare

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this sucks I still cant think of anything for the outfit

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Are you attempting to look like a stuffed dummy?
Regular clothes will work, of course, but you want loose, so you can stuff some extra padding into your clothes so they look like someone just quickly stuffed newspaper / rags / leaves / assorted filler into some jeans and a shirt.
Perhaps some of the "filler" spilling out of a seam or between buttons on the shirt to help look convincing.

Old work boots that come up past your ankle help with the effect - leather gloves on your hands - some rope around your ankles and wrists to make it look like the gloves and shoes are tied on.

My example is this: I did this a few years ago, but used a faux pumpkin for a mask (jack o lantern), and stood against a cross brace.
I wore a flannel shirt, jeans, boots, leather gloves, a blackout mask under the pumpkin, and then the mask. Stuffed a few plastic grocery bags into my shirt to look lumpy. Worked better than I could have hoped for.

Here's why, I think: for about a week before Halloween, I made a dummy out of the clothes I was going to be wearing Halloween night, made it into a scarecrow, on the brace I was going to lean against, and moved it from place to place in my yard each night - so, it was in a different spot each day. On Halloween day, the spot was near the front door of my house (where I intended to do the scaring). At dusk, I quickly pulled the dummy down, threw the clothes on me, shoved in some padding, added the gloves, blackout mask and jack o lantern and stepped up to take the dummy's place.

I literally had someone put their face up to the jack o lantern mask to look inside, to see if I was a person or not - most people thought I was fake.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for some idea with the outfit and last year i did almost the same thing with a different costume and i was scaring people so bad they ran down the street and with that kid all i did was move a little lol not like some of the other ones where i would sneak up behind them when they was at the door to get there candy lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts