Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September 29th, when I first put out my decorations in my house this year I was probably more excited than years past. I have always had that child-like giddiness when I pull my stuff out of the attic, but this year was even moreso.

However, for some reason, I lost my Halloween spirit somewhere along the way. I am not sure where, or why, but I am just not hitting on all cylinders. I think it started when someone got in my car and stole my Ipod right out of my driveway a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to lock the car that night, which I never do, so I was more mad at myself than anything. Still, the fact remains that it took the wind out of my sails for a couple of days. I have pretty much accepted that the Ipod is gone now, but somehow the Halloween spirit hasn't come back. It was like my intense rage for that couple of days sort of zapped my inner child or something.

Whatever happened to my spirit, its no fun rigtht now. I only have 9 days to get with it!

Do you all have some advice for getting the spirit back?

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,862 Posts
I am so sorry you had property stolen. It really zaps your faith in people and I can totally see how this would have robbed you of your child-like enthusiasm as well. :(

Over the last month, I also have had some pretty bad stuff happen, to the point where my hubby and I were questioning doing even a simple display and canceling our Halloween party completely.

I think the thing that really helped me get back into it was a combination of things. We had lots of friends and neighbors asking about our display and party this year, saying things like "Can't wait to see what you guys put up!" and "Really looking forward to your party!"

I also started working on my props and trying to imagine how I was going to arrange everything - and got totally caught up in the possibilities. Actually doing the set up was hard work, but still lots of fun, and every project I completed made me happy and more excited.

I do think going to a few haunted houses if you can would help too. Nothing like seeing lots of scary stuff and seeing the other patrons screaming and shrieking (whether from terror or delight) really gets the blood pumping!

and to sound really lame/silly... think of the children! The best part is the big night when you have all the TOTs telling you how cool/scary/nice your house is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts