Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one of these four-channel remote controlled switches and can't get it to work. I have power to the board, the remote works all relays, I can hear the relays operating in the different modes, but no power is being output. I have the lights wired to the B and C connectors only. I've checked both lamps and they work fine when touched to the 12V+ and 12V- wires from the battery.

The board LEDs work, the relays work, but no power is going out on any channel. Anyone have any ideas???

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,432 Posts
There should be a C, NO, and NC on the terminal strip for the relays. If you are using 12 volts the 12+ from your power source goes to the C terminal The wire for 12+ to the lamp goes on the NO terminal and the 12- from your power source goes to the - side of your light. Should work.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a +12 and -12 input for the board. Isn't that where the power is coming from? The instructions said not to use the NO, but use the NC and C. I thought the pos and ground wires for the light went to the NC and C.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,432 Posts
Glad I was able to help. Just remember that the relays themselves are not usually powered, just the coil that operates them. That way you can use different voltages on them, AC or DC whichever you need.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Worth mentioning here, anytime you use this type of remote or relay with AC current, be careful to isolate the board so no one can accidentally come in contact with the line voltage. Fairly common sense but again, worth mentioning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts