Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I want to light a person up, (think J.C., Easter), and make them shine from head to toe. They'd be wearing a white robe, and hoodpiece if necessary, to keep the light nice and even. Thought about using rope light wrapped in bands around his appendages, but figured you guys would have some more ideas. What do you think?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Would a couple of those staked flood lights do the trick? We stuck a green flood light at the base of our undead bride last year and that really gave a cool effect.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
that's a cool idea....I've got a ton of that Big Lot's orange rope light...I could rap them from head to toe and give them 100ft extension cord so they could roam around....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, Bubbels, it's not that I need him lit externally, I need for the light to come from him.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oops I misread. How far do you want him to walk around? You could do a black light effect. Beyond that, your rope light trick might do it, I think you got limited options for bright light if a real person is going to wear it as most lighting will get hot.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
I would try Bubbles idea of using a Blacklight. With the right costume, I think it would work. I would use a socket flouresent type bulb with a clamp lamp to position the lighting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, the EL wire option is neat. Never even heard of the stuff. i'll have to look around to figure out what I need and how it works. Thanks!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I saw a person last year at a campground wearing an all black outfit, head to toe, and he had someone line his body with glowsticks. Must have taken a while to get it all set to go but it was a very cool effect to see the outlines body walking around on it's own...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts