Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cylinder the other day but the openings are 3/8 and I'm trying to find some 3/8 to 1/4 quick tube connect adapters. Anyone know a good place to find these? Or maybe some other way to attach the 1/4 tube to it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I may have what you're looking for, I'll have to check. I have a few questions:

Are the ports in the cylinder 3/8 NPT? You want the kind of fitting where you have to push the ring around the line to release it? What material is the air line made of?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Look in the steel pipe section at HomeD/lowes they will have 3/8 to 1/4 threaded adapters.

but, the fact that your cylinder has 3/8" holes may mean it needs more air than the 1/4" line can supply.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man if I would have known that replys were going to happen so quick I would have waiting a little. I ordered some from Omega.com so you can stop looking for them. I'm a little worried about going from a 3/8NPT to a 1/4 tube but it should work out fine (I'm not moving much) 4 inch stoke 1/2 bore.

thanks for the HD Lowes comment. I was in Lowes looking at the adapter section and could not find anything...never thought of the steel pipe section(slaps forhead)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts