Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this MASSIVE carnival prize monkey for free the other day and have no clue what to do with it. It's a little cutesy. Here is a picture of one that looks identical to it. The picture really doesnt show off its true size, but this thing is monsterous.

monkey.jpg

Problem is that it's a bit cute. I dont want to do anything to it that is too permanent. Its verrrry light for its size, so I think that could be a big benefit.
I can easily make new eyes/features and velcro/sew them on. Or use him as a good dummy for an entirely new creature.

One idea i had is to use the back side of him and cover the "cute side" with some type of fabric. Given his long furry/shag texture, the back of him is like a blank canvas for any kind of monster or creature. Aside from a gremlins deal, or an Ewok from hell...I'm a little stumped.
Any Ideas guys?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I, personally, would gut it and make it into a costume. I find my best scares come from stuff that's not obviously scary, but "well played'.

My current best hit at my haunt is my "bush" costume in which I just sit there unassumingly until people pass by and scare the pee right out of them :p

You could have a "stuffed animal area/room and be in the costume and when people see it and wonder why this is in a haunt, you jump up and scare the life out of them.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I, personally, would gut it and make it into a costume. I find my best scares come from stuff that's not obviously scary, but "well played'.

My current best hit at my haunt is my "bush" costume in which I just sit there unassumingly until people pass by and scare the pee right out of them :p

You could have a "stuffed animal area/room and be in the costume and when people see it and wonder why this is in a haunt, you jump up and scare the life out of them.
I've seen that scare done with a huge teddy bear. The guy just climbed into the fabric and laid against the wall. Funniest thing I have ever seen especially when the girls would sit into the lap of the bear!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts