Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a sign for my haunt but have no clue what to call it. Was hoping you guys could help because you are all so creative. Last year I used an Eerie Acres sign(store bought) because I live in Swayze Acres. I thought I would just go with that until I saw Jdubbya's haunt was named the same thing. I haven't been at this long but my prop stash from last year has grown dramatically so hoping this is going to be a great year :) My theme is cemetery/zombie and I am in Waterford, NY.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
"My Yard Haunt" is what I refer to mine as.

I've thought of changing it to "The Money Pit"

Do you and jdubbya live on the same street? town? state?....if not, go with your first choice.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
What street do you live on? that sometimes helps. Many haunt names end up in a pattern of "adjective - noun - place/type of place" like mine Olde Oakes Manor is because I live in "The Oaks" subdivision. The pattern just works well

Shady Grove Cemetery for example, Some one once posted a list of words in three sections like this, pick one from each three and presto, its a haunt name!

Dark Wood Acres
Misty Grove Acres
Forever Rest Acres

though you could easily do a two word with Acres as well

Shady Acers
Silent Acers
Foggy Acres
Spooky Acres
Green Acres (sorry couldn't help myself)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Money Pit would probably work at this point...lol I don't think My Yard Haunt would look good over a cemetery gate though :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
printersdevil, you are lucky to have a pretty cool street name. Mine is Lea and doesn't sound right with anything.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
printersdevil, you are lucky to have a pretty cool street name. Mine is Lea and doesn't sound right with anything.
Do you pronounce the street "Lee -ah" or "Lee" it can actually works prett well, as a Lea (pronounced lee) is an open grassy area.

Shaded Lea Cemetery
Green Lea Acres
Dark Lea Inn

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's pronounced Lee-ah but I love the Dark Lea Inn!! Maybe next year I can work on transforming the house.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts