Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new addition to my family. She's a little Hooded rat but I can't think of a good name for her. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since she is a rat, I would name her Baracka Bama.

rofl

and her personality is very very sweet. She's very calm and usually just naps on my shoulder in my hair. She's the most well-behaved rat I've ever owned. She's not too twitchy or scardy, she loves to be petted, and she licks my hand everytime I pick her up. She's also a bit of an acrobat in her cage which is wire. That's about it really, I just got her so she's still adjusting to her home and being watched by two cats at all times lol

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I dated a girl named Wilbur, actually it was a shemale,you may have seen my surprised face as shim broke the news to me about it on the Jerry Springer Show.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hey Samhain Voodoo, well I really do like Succub'oz name suggestion of Jadis:)

Just a few others I quickly can think of are:

Atreyeu ~ Actually a boy's name, but does that really mean anything anymore, I think not.

Pagan ~ Cute name if you follow a Pagan or Wiccan Path in life.

Arwen ~ From LOrd of the Rings

Kegan ~ nice name

Althea ~ Greek meaning Healing I believe

Titania ~ Queen of the fairies in um, Shakespeare's Midsummer NIghts Dream if I remember correctly

Chandra
Luna ~ Latin for Moon, always a wonderful choice
Azrael
Echo
Lucretia
Valerian ~ a flower that produces a calm sedative effect, and causes Cats to get three times higher that catnip,lol
Kindred ~ Short for Kindred SPirit, another great name if you follow a Pagan or WIccan path, or just cause it's wicked!
Pandora
Solstice~ Great for Pagan's and Wiccan pets
Aura ~ Just a beautiful name, and especally if your sensitive to them
Stryker

Well there's some further imput, best wishes finding a name for your sweetie:)

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,102 Posts
Whoa Dutchess, those are really creative!

She looks (and sounds) like quite a sweety - sooo maybe Sweetness? (I know, kinda syrupy.) What about Glinda, as in the Wizard of Oz good witch? She looks really lithe; maybe Lillith (or just Lilly (Munsters)) ? I don't know, but whatever you name her, I'm sure you'll have many long happy days together - enjoy & congrats!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Here are a few others to ponder

Samara ~ Guardian

Mystique ~ Aire of Mystery

Mora ~ Star, or Blackberry, pretty name, kinda lame meanings

Mishka ~ Gift of Love

Mina ~ Love, this is one name I'd consider for a human baby

Karma ~ Self Explanitory, plus great for Pagan and Wiccan names

Kosmo ~ to do with the Universe

Smudge ~ Cause of her mocha coloured hood she kinda reminds me of a smudge

Lyra
Roxy
Keiko

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you everyone for all your kind words and awesome suggestions! Dutchess, your names were amazing I really really loved the idea of Pagan and Smudge. Well, I loved all of them really lol I think I'm going to go with Karma. Two reasons, one for the obvious Wicca meaning and the other, the word itself sounds like caramel (to me anyway) and that's kind of the color on her head. And yes, she's just so sweet, I love her very much. To anyone who's never considered owning a rat, you really should give it a try. They're so loving, have amazing personalities, never bite, and they're very low maintenence.

Also, I have great news with her as well. She's making herself known to me as my familiar. Any time I start a ritual she suddenly wakes up and pokes her nose through the bars of the cage. When I let her out she sits with me in the circle. It's really quite amazing. She's my first familiar and I'm very very happy it's her.

Thank you all so much again. I really appreciate it.

While we're on the topic of names, I thought I'd share the names of my other animals:
Black Syrian Hamster - Nosferatu (because when I first got her any time I touched her she'd sprawl on her back, raise her paws in the air and hiss. I just kind of call her Ham-Ham or Hammy now or Methusela because of her age lol)

Grey and white cat - Viscious (Because she plays very very rough)

White Albino rat - Spooky (My first baby who was bred for snake food but I gave him a great home and he lived for about 3 years before passing peacfully)

black and white hooded rat - Twiggy (My second rat who sadly only lived about a year before becoming sick with a respitory infection. Never buy from PetSmart, they really don't know how to take care of their small animals. The bedding they used with the aquariums they packed them all into really did a number on her poor lungs)

Grey dwarf hamster - Wickett (after the Ewok lmfao. Bad choice of names....he was a very ill-tempered little animal....)

That's about it....I've had other animals, most with weird names because I was young when I had them. I did have a black cat named Halloween at one point and a goat named Aeris but that about ends the creative name list.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Samhain Voodoo, so happy to hear you've found a name for your little darling, Karma is a beautiful name, especally when you think in terms of fate or destiny and being that you've discovered she's your familar:)
Also when you think of how Karma is referred to the inevitable effect of our actions in life.

Wonderful Choice. And you're so right in regards to rats making a wonderful addition to the family, I miss mine dearly. They were all Black Hooded...

Thank-you for sharing your stories about your other children, just love all of their names, it's so good to know they are deeply cherished!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts