Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for Hallowe'en music, but not the stuff you'd hear on any radio: something creepy, atmospheric, no real...umm...music, per se, just a tone to carry the song. Anything with chanting, brief or throughout, is a plus. I realize my description for this music type is probably confusing or laughable, but hopefully someone will know what I mean. I'd also like suggestions for music to play at a haunted house....classic pipe organ, haunting sounds (not the cheapy ghost moans), etc. Anything in the style of Raison D'Etre's "The Slow Ascent". I love the church bell tolling, the droning, the chanting...if anyone can suggest similar songs, I'd appreciate it!

Thank you!!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Only thing i can think of kind of along the lines you mentioned would be the midnight syndicate or nox arcana stuff.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, not quite the style I was going for, but definately awesome! It reminds me of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"...the Charles Laughton version; that's a very good thing :) I really appreciate the song!Thank you!

I'll check out Nox Arcana, as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Satan's Best Friend
663 Posts
You might try Haunted World by Hover.
It has good drones, it's very ambient and other-worldly, it only has a handful of monster screams, and it's approximately 60 minutes long.
You can download it from CD Baby or iTunes... I purchased mine from iTunes where I was able to hear a 30 second sample of each track.
Hope this helps.

Cab

·
Registered
588 Posts
Funny ... "Raison d'Etre" was exactly who I was going to recommend. Also consider stuff by Lustmord like "The Monstrous Soul" or "Stalker" (with Robert Rich). Two of my favorites are by Richard Bone - "The Spectral Ships" and "Ether Dome".

I created an ambient mix a few years ago - I might need to re-share it here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try Skinny Puppy's "Basement" Its mostly drums with ambient keyboards. It samples heavily from the movie "The Legend of Hell House". The track is off the Album "Bites" several other tracks may work but that is a staple of ambient halloween music for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I've been gone everyone...12 hours days. Glad I got back on here, though!!

Meltdown, thank you very much for those songs!! Good stuff there!

Buckle, THANK YOU for the Silent Hill site! I honestly completely forgot how much I like SH.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some good Halloween music can be found by a group called 'Bandgard' or 'The Trick or Treaters'. Both of these are found on iTunes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is Haunted World an artist or CD compilation?

Christmascandy, I wish I could brag about the checks, but it's about average pay. Just enough to pay the bills and support my Hallowe'en addiction. LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts