Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several props that I want to get done this year, I am already signed up in the Prop building workshop. Since the weather here has been rotten, I am in the slump of not doing anything outdoors (which relates to halloween). I am sad about this.. Could you guys motivate me to get off my butt and get to working on halloween props...

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,566 Posts
PRINCESS.... GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GET TO WORKING ON HALLOWEEN PROPS!!! :p

I'm just playin... you know what gets me in the mood is listening to the soundtrack to Disney's Haunted Mansion ride! I also look back at my pics from previous years over and over to get me going. If you want to use another person's party and haunt pics for motivation, I'll send you a link. ;) Just say the word. :D Oh, and I can probably send you the file with the Haunted Mansion soundtrack too if you want.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Couldn't agree more with Joker..nothing like a little spooky ambience to get the creative juices spurting. Atmospheric music and watch some good ol' horror movies in your quiet moments.

There are plenty of smaller props that can quite easily be made indoors in the inclement weather... One can never have too many "extras".

So ...Grab that paper mache and QUIT SLACKING!!:p:D:D

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,566 Posts
There is only 255 days left until Halloween. HURRY!!!!
OH GOD! Was that really necessary Larry? Now I'm panicked... not motivated. :eek: :p :D LOL!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I've been printing off pics of other people's awesomeness and hanging them up. :) That's pretty motivational for me...

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is only 255 days left until Halloween. HURRY!!!!
ok that had me ROTFLMAO, wait I am still laughing... I actually got out last night and started working on my special tombstone project... I really wanted to blast the halloween music, but the Cd's are packed up...

I have a to do list that I am starting for 09, I need a 2nd job to hire, someone to do my todo list...

Could see the ad now..

WANTED 1 PERSON WHO LOVES EVERYTHING HALLOWEEN.

Seeking a like minded individual who will work for 50cents a day building my props for halloween. Will supply food and water, as well as halloween music. Must have own tools, and a reference check of previous prop building experience.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
There a couple of "How To" haunt dvds that really help for inspiration.
"Extreme Haunted House Make-Over" & "How To... Haunt your House". Extreme can be found at either bigscreamtv.com or orientaltrading.com. How To can be found at bestbuy.com

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Do something small on the weekends to ease the winter blahs. I created fliker candles and a small sign. Now onto other small projects! :D

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi Princess, I'm pretty much with Joker when it comes to Motivation. I'm pretty much in Halloween mode all year, I listen to a lot of the same music I play at halloween all year long, and I serf the net checkin out other people's Haunt pics, and checking out my favorite stores on-line that sell halloween decor year round. I also leave out some cherished halloween orniments "decor pieces" year round both inside and out. And I think about how I can build on or expand what I did the previous year. But Music, surrounding decor and physical reminders I find work well. But perhaps what I find most motivating is hanging out with like-minded friends here on the forum, reading and looking at all the amazing talent here, there is so much to be gained from both the posts, and minds of our very own here:)

And well, maybe this will help you a tad as well.;)

YouTube - MARILYN MANSON :: This Is Halloween

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Thats my theme song Dutchess. Motivation ,hmmm, You are in Halloween Town princess, give them something to talk about for years to come...DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are counting on you to represent, dazzle us.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I kinda thought if you came across this video you'd be happy wristslitter, thought of you when I posted it. Weren't you the one who decorated you place up like NBC ? Loved the pics, if it was you, you should create an album on your profile page for others to look at. Might be just the motivation Princess needs:)

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Gotta love the Pumpkin King without him, this board wouldnt exist, ok it would, but its nice to pretend. I said last year I wanted my NBC theme house on the news, so, I built more props, didnt quite make the tv news, but did make it into the local newspaper...I guess what inspires me is to really give them something to talk about, maybe not years to come, but even a few hours later would be cool. I met some nice, and if they liked it, I think cool people that stopped by to take pictures. When that happens, you are hooked. This board really inspires me... you all take this stuff to heart. GROUP HUG!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts