Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone!

I am new here, and I am only 17, but I do a halloween yard haunt with my friends and we have done it for about 4 years. Please dont let my age stop you from giving me help, I really would like some help with this.

I want to build a Trash Can Trauma, and we have some of the necessary parts already. We have the trash can, wood if we need to support any of it inside, the fake head that will pop up, the bicycle pump and I believe that is all we have that we would need for this.

We dont have much money to spend, so I had to look at the air compressors online, and I am curious will this work:
I cannot post a link but it is "Q Industries HV40A2 SuperFlow Portable Air Compressor with LED Light" from AMAZON . com

Also, besides that I know we need some sort of valve and a way to run via a switch or whatever. I have looked extensively online but do not understand alot of the "how-to's" because they seem very technical. So can someone tell me if that air compressor will work and exactly what else we would need. Also, how easy would it be easy to actually build once we have the actual parts and how we would run it from a switch or something?

Please let me know, as Halloween is close and I really would like to be able to build this for Halloween. Sorry that I have been unable to understand a lot of the how-to's on this online, it is really the pneumatic part that really loses me. I thank you all in advance for any help that I get, thank you.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts
HI everyone!

I am new here, and I am only 17, but I do a halloween yard haunt with my friends and we have done it for about 4 years. Please dont let my age stop you from giving me help, I really would like some help with this.

I want to build a Trash Can Trauma, and we have some of the necessary parts already. We have the trash can, wood if we need to support any of it inside, the fake head that will pop up, the bicycle pump and I believe that is all we have that we would need for this.

We dont have much money to spend, so I had to look at the air compressors online, and I am curious will this work:
I cannot post a link but it is "Q Industries HV40A2 SuperFlow Portable Air Compressor with LED Light" from AMAZON . com

Also, besides that I know we need some sort of valve and a way to run via a switch or whatever. I have looked extensively online but do not understand alot of the "how-to's" because they seem very technical. So can someone tell me if that air compressor will work and exactly what else we would need. Also, how easy would it be easy to actually build once we have the actual parts and how we would run it from a switch or something?

Please let me know, as Halloween is close and I really would like to be able to build this for Halloween. Sorry that I have been unable to understand a lot of the how-to's on this online, it is really the pneumatic part that really loses me. I thank you all in advance for any help that I get, thank you.
You might want to start out by taking a look here...FrightProps - Halloween Decorations, Halloween Props, Pneumatic Props, Animated Props, Halloween Accessories there is a lot of good basic information. As far as your compressor goes, your link does not work, but judging by the title and the fact that it has an LED light, I am guessing that compressor is one of those little portable emergency car units ? to run a pop up, you will need a compressor with a tank. Even a 4 or 5 gallon tank will do, but pretty much a must. They can be found for under $100.

You will also need some sort of valve to control the airflow. There are a number of ways you can do this. Oh, and make sure you have a regulator. Esp if you are using a bicycle pump. You don't want it turning into a projectile. :eek:

Hope this sheds a little light on your situation. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, that helps a bit.

Yes, it was a smaller emergency unit, so I will have to look into the bigger ones. Something like this: Amazon.com: Factory-Reconditioned Campbell hausfeld 3-Gallon Horizontal Air Compressor FP209400RB: Home Improvement Sorry we dont have much money to spend so I am looking cheap OR http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Coleman-Powermate-VP0000201/p3.html#reviews

The valve and solenoid found at Home Depot, Ace Hardware, stores like that?

Any more advice is really appreciated, thanks

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,455 Posts
If you are new to pnuematics I would suggest reading this tutorial by Skelatal Remains. It is very good and easy to understand and should answer most all of your questions. Here is the link.http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/77731-beginners-guide-props-pneumatics.html

Also on another note, I would stay away from bicycle pumps and water valves, they aren't made to be used in this fashion and can lead to trouble. You can usually find some good deals on e-bay and from the vendors on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts