Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing an 80s party and am in dire need of help with the lighting. I'm going to use a strobe light because I'll have an area for a dance floor but other than that I'm stumped. I have a ton of purple string lights but not sure if I should use them and if I do, I have no clue how to hang them without them looking like a big mess. It just looks really boring without SOME kind of cool lighting. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply ZombieRaider. That sounds like a good idea but I'm sure it'll be out of our budget - we've already totally blown it. Would like to use the purple string lights, just can't figure out how to drape them or what to do with them.

Not sure what your budget is but I'm sure you have a Guitar Center in Atlanta so go see what kind of deals they have on demo units or scratch and dent....They may or may not have some good deals...A lot of them have sound activation built in so it's plug and play.....Good luck....ZR

·
Registered
381 Posts
I used my purple lights and strung them thru plastic chains, and hung them from the ceiling. Also, just repurposed the lights this year and made marquee letters...
If you look around your house, do you have any old chair or something that you could wrap them around? Maybe sit a skeleton in it, or one of your props....maybe add a cauldron of dry ice...the effect and lights might be cool together. P1050108.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts