Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered two of these light sets (click here) and have some questions.

The description says it uses 150 watt Par38 bulbs. Is 150 watts what I should use? Or should I go with a lower wattage?

I did an internet search for Par38 bulbs because I want to get colored bulbs and it seems I can either get incandescent or Halogen bulbs. Is one type better than the other?

If I go with Halogen - I assume I would use a lower wattage for sure right?

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can certainly use lower wattage bulbs.150 is just the max that can be used with that light set. If you're using it for anything other than maybe a lightning effect, I would definitely use lower than 150 watts. 150 is really bright!

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can certainly use lower wattage bulbs.150 is just the max that can be used with that light set. If you're using it for anything other than maybe a lightning effect, I would definitely use lower than 150 watts. 150 is really bright!
That's what I was thinking - that 150 watts would light up the front of my house like a landing strip. ;) Maybe I'll stick with like a 75 watt bulb. Any big difference between the halogen and the incandescent bulbs? Does it even matter?

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I use those on my display last year with 75w bulbs and it worked just fine. Best bang for your buck in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts