Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should have asked before I purchased them but its too late for that now...

I purchased some of these in various colors:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-10mm-Green-12v-LED-Lamp-Light-Pre-Wired-12V-DC-Wired-GREEN-10MM-Led-Bulb-/171095953290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d61d0f8a

When they arrive in a week or so I plan to start putting them together. I need to know what I need to do to be able to power these up? Do I Need to add a resistor to them or are they ready to go by simply adding a 12v power supply to them?

are these LED's good enough to use as mini spots for lighting props and tombstones? I'm new to the electronics side of things & feel like I may have jumped first without seeing how deep the water was.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I would assume that since the E-bay listing says "pre-wired for 12 volts" that each LED already has a resistor installed somewhere in the wiring.
That, or they are sending you the resistors with the LEDs. I've received some like that before.

These are the 10mm BIG LEDS. One LED might be enough to light up a tombstone or small prop. If you need more light, just add another one or two LEDs in parallel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the 5mm led red and green lights. Used them in the garage for my walk through haunt. Looking at the pic I believe you can see it under the black shrink wrap. They put small ones on their but work fine. As for power source I just used a old wall plug that has 12 volt output and 1200ma. Only had 3 lights connected to it but I think I can put 30 or so on it. Frightprops.com has a chart on their led power source page for led spot lights. You will love them once you get them. Save a lot of money making them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts