Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on adding Sandy Claws in the trick or treat bag by my Lock, Shock and Barrel this year.

I just want a wiggle not anything crazy. So I wasn't sure if I should do a fan in a bag or do a motor system. What do you think?

Whatever I do, it needs to breakdown to put in totes as we set up at camping. So everything I make breaks down in a million sections.

Thanks

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
So sorry this hasn't gotten any ideas yet, but the only thing I can think of that would be small and easy to set up for remote situation would be something like a bumble ball or a haunted hedge shaking motor.

There are likely specially made for Halloween shakers that do exactly what you want, but these are the two that popped in my head, so at least this will give you a start to dig around out there and maybe someone else will know exactly the right thing and reply after this post. :)

Bumble balls may be harder to find now (cheaply) but I picked one up for a mini monster in a box prop a few years ago at a thrift store. The haunted hedge is a bit easier to find and would likely work to suspend it from the sack's infrastructure, but they are sound activated and have growling sounds (and light up eyes but that's likely not a huge deal if you're using it inside a bag structure). So would either need it to have sound/music near enough to be constantly setting it off, or make sure to clap or speak loudly right before people come up for viewing.

Bumble balls appear to have become smaller and sold now as dog toys? In any case, they have rubberized nubs all over the surface and have a off-center spinning motor mechanism that causes it to fling itself around for however long it's turned on (some may have timers now tho).

If you could find one of these, I'd recommend creating a rig like a bag form over hoops to make it look big and filled with a Sandy Claws figure (but still being mostly air inside since the form would be from the hoop structure) and then attaching the ball or haunted hedge motor securely to one of the hoops so it shakes the bag when turned on. Would definitely need to play around with it to get it looking decent.

Both of these motors use batteries, so portable, but if you're using it for longer than a few hours, may need to make sure you have backup batteries.

^not recommending either of the sites for purchasing, just provided to show the items I'm referencing.

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about a shiatsu massager?? You can usually find them cheap and it should do what you are looking for :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts