Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

So I was watching Silent Hill a couple of weeks ago and I just can't stop thinking about this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsb9PkCOnVE

I guess they are called Grey Children, and I love the simplicity in it all the while mainting that "I should not be anywhere near that thing!" factor.
640px-Greychildfilm.jpg
I am wondering what are you inputs on creating a Static prop of this.... Maybe Pneumatic or Electric (If Cheap)?

My opinion would be some type of empty plastic gallon jugs of some sort where i can stick lighting in it to create the burning flicker. Coat it with some Great Stuff? What are you thoughts?

In all honesty, I will probably not be able to complete this project but will seriously consider doing it next year. Turning 21 years old this year and I am going to Las Vegas :cool: (I Know Very Cliched) in the beginning of october, Knocking on the door of the Monetary Manor.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would make a pvc armature, wrap orange xmas lights around it (just be sure to use good ones that wont go out if one burns out or gets broken), build the basic form out of chicken wire, then coat with great stuff and sculpt after it sets. Pretty much just like making glowing coals but over an armature.
Ah! I totally forgot about the coals. I even created one a couple of years ago. Thanks for the information. I wonder if I will be able to put some sort of speaker in there. I know they do this painful crying scream that is high pitched. Hook it up to some sort of trigger that the ToTs (unknowningly) set off for a timed scare. HMMMM the possibilities!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I see sort of a chickenwire pattern on the skin so I would start with that and melt plastic bags over it with a heatgun. You would then have a hollow body to string flicker bulbs inside.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Ah! I totally forgot about the coals. I even created one a couple of years ago. Thanks for the information. I wonder if I will be able to put some sort of speaker in there. I know they do this painful crying scream that is high pitched. Hook it up to some sort of trigger that the ToTs (unknowningly) set off for a timed scare. HMMMM the possibilities!
Building in speakers gets easier every year. At bargain stores like Five Below (where everything is $5 or less) they often offer speakers for cell phones and MP3 players that are ridiculously small - first there were ones the size of your average smartphone, then the size of an old audio cassette tape, then the soda half cans and now they're approaching the size of large ring boxes. Just about anything can be provided with halfway decent sound at this point.

Here is an example: http://www.fivebelow.com/media-products/audio/portable-audio-speaker.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
For static you could use a method I found on "Stillbeast's" site. I used his technique to create some chared bodies for a micro haunt I did for a 5K tailgate at work.
Start with some unsuspecting volunteers.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Then wrap them with plastic wrap and a couple layers of tape, then cut them out and piece the form back together ( we did it in section so they wouldn't get too hot)
image.jpg
For the heads I used foam heads and the same technique but once removed I altered the mouth area so it would look as though they were screaming.
image.jpg
Then I painted them with black bed liner spray, then added detail with an airbrush.
image.jpg
And here is the finished product.
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mejess68 - Fantastic job!! I love it. I will use this idea combined with the other ideas for the smaller ones. A burning family!! Hmmm I can have my whole haunt on a storyline of how a child had burned her family in accordance of a poltergeist. I love being morbid :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mejess68 - Fantastic job!! I love it. I will use this idea combined with the other ideas for the smaller ones. A burning family!! Hmmm I can have my whole haunt on a storyline of how a child had burned her family in accordance of a poltergeist. I love being morbid :D
Sounds awesome, the haunt I used them in was a haunted boiler room theme, I had also made a haunted furness, unfortunately I don't have the build pics. Just one with monster mud coat and one painted. I used foam to build it with a board as the back.
photo 1 copy.JPG photo 2 copy.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts