Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was able to secure a real casket for super cheap (picking up tomorrow), and I am seeking creative ways to best utilize it during our big Halloween party. One idea was to make it into my ice chest to keep beer and sodas in... and of course I could always have a person or skeleton in there too... anything else I'm not thinking of? I'm going for the WOW factor. Also, if there is anyone out there that's made it into an ice chest, any advice on that process? And lastly, I need a good cheap/easy table/stand/lift for it so that it isn't on the ground. Ideas? Thanks in advance, guys!

·
Typing Away
3,627 Posts
As for a stand for your casket I use 2" PVC shape like a Tee with 90 degree bends for the legs at the height best for you. I have been using it for 15 years and if I had to rebuild it I think I would make it in a shape of an "H". But for a few bends and pipe it will not cost to much.
You can see part of the stand in this picture.

·
redrum
990 Posts
Shallow rubermaid type under the bed containers work for the ice chest idea. I use two in my casket. Draining out the water the next day stinks.
I have a casket that I turned into a couch and casket bar (with an old glass door on top for the bar top.

I am thinking about attaching a casket door to my old fridge...........

Just a few ideas

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much! I was already planning on doing this in my head and then when I got to the funeral home, they let me take a stand with me for free! It's awesome! I really lucked out!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Okay. if we go with the cooler idea, we need floating body parts. Some long "strings" of Great Stuff squirted on wax paper for fleshy chunks will make it gnarly. We can maybe get a radioactive vibe, if you get some programmable rope lights or waterproofed prop lights. Have all those drinks underlit as they have to dig thru the ice will be nice and creepy.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What about if you drop a frozen turkey and other various frozen meats in a wood chipper then collect the bits and float them in the cooler. Bonus points if you let them putrify first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts